\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,678,405
  • Today: 11,888
Server InfoServer Info
  • May 03, 2024
  • 07:08 am PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
Lindy
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Im in the market for a new helmet, my last two helmets have been Arai's that I either bought as a blem or did some trading with from some of my sponsored road race friends. It has to be full face, graphics are not important Im looking for a solid color, quality and ease of changing shields are a requirement, what are your experiences?

CDN1100F
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think my next helmet will be a Speed and Strength SS 1710 Split Decision modular helmet.

I now have Arai and KBC.

Chris

f4fast
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have a schuberth c3pro that I am real happy with...quiet and convenient, but ridiculously expensive

One thing to consider if you wear glasses, the modular style full face helmets are extremely convenient when gassing up and putting the helmet on and off. Glasses can stay on face, which is tremendous.
Less chance of dropping glasses and scratching them as well.

Way easier to gas up or talk to someone as well...

With a modular helmet, You get convenience and most of the protection of the full face. I know the schuberth helmets have steel pins that get latched when the helmet face is locked down. But my understanding is that modulars aren’t quite as strong as a full face in a real bad fall.

If you are lucky enough not to have to wear glasses, then my review isn’t as relevant....

Walter
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've mostly bought Scorpion helmets the past 12 years or so- after a lifetime of Arai and Shoei, with an occasional KBC or AGV. I find the fit/finish/quality to be pretty close to the rest, the anti-fogging shield treatment to be the best, and they were early with leading safety features and what they call "air fit" (cheek air bladders to tailor the fit. Outstanding price/performance imo.

The last one I bought, last year, is the Scorpion Exo AT950

The year before that, I got one of the Upper end Exo models (don't remember which one)

Both models have integrated dark sun shields so no need for shield swapping on rides. I think the drop down shield overall is an excellent idea regardless of whatever helmet you choose. There is a slight weight penalty for it though.

Pricing seems to be in a wide arc-- so if that's what you decide, look around.

Walter

PS: while not a helmet whore, I do confess to owning more helmets than average- mostly because I prefer helmets that "go with" the bike- and I always have a few bikes Smile

MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have always had good luck with Bell helmets. I recently had a Scorpion with an inner drop down shield. It was really nice to have a dark outer shield and a dark inner drop down shield on those bright sunny days, BUT I always thought the helmet was a little too heavy for my taste. I currently have a couple Bell RS-1s that I am very happy with. They need to be replaced soon and I am thinking of going to the Bell Race Star Flex DLX. Not cheap but will give me a little more piece of mind for the track days.

'06 CBR600F4i
'74 XR75 
Lindy
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

0007 wrote:
I have always had good luck with Bell helmets. I recently had a Scorpion with an inner drop down shield. It was really nice to have a dark outer shield and a dark inner drop down shield on those bright sunny days, BUT I always thought the helmet was a little too heavy for my taste. I currently have a couple Bell RS-1s that I am very happy with. They need to be replaced soon and I am thinking of going to the Bell Race Star Flex DLX. Not cheap but will give me a little more piece of mind for the track days.

I was looking at a Bell Star Flex DLX

toddk
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very pleased with the HJC RPHA 11, I also had RPHA 10, very light, flows lots of air, they are race helmets so you need earplugs.

Toddk

CDN1100F
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Todd, If you are running a Hindle pipe, you need earplugs regardless of what helmet you have on!!

Chris

f4fast
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

CDN1100F wrote:
Todd, If you are running a Hindle pipe, you need earplugs regardless of what helmet you have on!!

Chris

You need earplugs on a motorcycle regardless of your pipe ( or you will be deaf at some point) , but I concur, the hindle pipe is loud!

Speaking of earplugs, I used some earplugs designed for musicians that cut decibels but allow you to hear called eargasm......they were like $30.....then I found the same design earplugs at the evil empire in the shooting section for 1/2 the price under the Remington name ...... they work and have a small aluminum case you can keep in your jacket . That type cuts background noise but still allows you to use helmet speakers for communication or to listen to music.

krgood0
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

toddk wrote:
I'm very pleased with the HJC RPHA 11, I also had RPHA 10, very light, flows lots of air, they are race helmets so you need earplugs.

Toddk

Yes i bought a HJC RPHA II last year, did a 350 mile to Holland from the UK with it, a nice light helmet which is comfortable to wear all day, and far quiter than my previous AGV, but, i wear decent earplugs with both, have to preserve what little hearing i have left

Keith

1981 CB985
2006 CBR600F
1979 Honda CBX1000 
Gyesdad
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

krgood0 wrote:
toddk wrote:

Toddk

Yes i bought a HJC RPHA II last year, did a 350 mile to Holland from the UK with it, a nice light helmet which is comfortable to wear all day, and far quiter than my previous AGV, but, i wear decent earplugs with both, have to preserve what little hearing i have left

Keith

I'd agree, the HJC RPHA11 is a nice fit for me and comfortable too. Visors are really easy to change and the vents work well.

Gary.

aedavis
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've recently purchased a Bell Qualifier DLX, to replace an aging Shoei RF700. I've been pretty happy with it - it's a bit louder than the Shoei, but not by much and the Transitions shield is far better than switching between a clear and smoke shield as the light level changes.

Yellow02Z06
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

It may apply more to cars but lightweight carbon fiber helmets are supposedly safer as it reduces the potential for neck injury due to The behavior of a lighter object in deceleration

SteveM
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm using a Bell Qualifier DLX Blackout that I like pretty well. A little noisy but not any worse than any other helmet I've used, comes with two shields and for the price I don't think you can beat it.

robins
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have 2 helmets, AGV Corsa R Sic 58 and the other one is Shoei X-Fourteen Aerodyne. I am comfortable with both helmets but I want to buy one more helmet. I think it will be AGV Pista GP RR Essenza 46. I love the design and color of this helmet, it really looks very cool.

It also comes with many features like Anti-scratch, Patented Visor Lock System, washable interior padding, and many more. It's right to say that it is all in one features helmet. AGVPista GP RR Essenza

tomk1960
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Last summer I bought an LS2 Valiant II modular helmet. Reasonably priced, excellent fit, and one of the most clever modular designs I've ever seen. You can flip the lower section all the way to the back for an open face effect. The chin strap is a locking quick-release design and really nice. I've had a few HJC helmets (decent) and one BILT with integrated bluetooth headset. (POS) The LS2 is by far the best and a winner in my book. I bought the red/white/blue one and it goes with all my bikes. Cool

https://www.ls2usa.com/ls2u-valiant

Like oil and tires, there are many opinions on helmets. Get what fits and meets all your personal requirements.

CB1100F's - multiple flavors 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lindy
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I actually bought a Bell, I dont remember the model, but its the street version of the race helment, its affordable and a value for the price. After wearing Arai's for years I just couldnt bring myself to spend that much on another helment

CBX1260cc
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What about SHOEI???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic