\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,392,330
  • Today: 7,601
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 25, 2024
  • 12:17 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
bigscheaf
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

First and foremost, Merry (almost) Christmas everyone! 2020 is almost over and we can move toward whatever 2021 has in store, for better or worse.

With 2020 being almost over and attempting to move past it, I thought actually getting on a track and seeing what an old Honda CB750F can really do. However, the only local tracks are dirt or drag, nothing for the road racing category. I'm pretty sure the closest to my neck of the woods is in Brainerd, MN, but figured I'd ask a larger audience to see if maybe my Google skills were failing me.

Don't get me wrong, Brainerd has some gorgeous lakes and wonderful scenery, but it is about 5.5 hours from where I live. So if I'm wrong, let me know! And if I'm right, maybe start a GoFundMe so I can move the family to an area that's closer to such things. Wink

DennisTheMenace
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

AHRMA is going to Heartland Park in Topeka, KS in 2021. They're planning on doing Road Race, MX, dirt track and (I think) Cross Country. Scheduled for May 28th - 30th. (and Google says it's about 5 hours 20 minutes from Sioux Falls, SD)

bigscheaf
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

DennisTheMenace wrote:
AHRMA is going to Heartland Park in Topeka, KS in 2021. They're planning on doing Road Race, MX, dirt track and (I think) Cross Country. Scheduled for May 28th - 30th. (and Google says it's about 5 hours 20 minutes from Sioux Falls, SD)

That’s definitely worth checking out, and gives a goal for having the old girl ready for some track action. Now to read the handbook and ensure everything I do is compliant with the rules. Might be time to do some serious digging on the site here.

1100russ
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

bigscheaf wrote:
DennisTheMenace wrote:

That’s definitely worth checking out, and gives a goal for having the old girl ready for some track action. Now to read the handbook and ensure everything I do is compliant with the rules. Might be time to do some serious digging on the site here.

There's at least 2 of us that race F's in AHRMA. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I hate to just volunteer Dennis but he has always helped me (in more ways than one lol). He is also the defending, multiple time winning. number 1 plate wearing Mamba Jamba. You can download the rulebook here https://www.ahrma.org/ahrma-handbook/. Don't hesitate to contact me. Good luck dude.

XR100 Teaching Bike
Ducati 750 SS Track Bike
CB360 Little Honda 
bigscheaf
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

1100russ wrote:
bigscheaf wrote:
DennisTheMenace wrote:

There's at least 2 of us that race F's in AHRMA. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I hate to just volunteer Dennis but he has always helped me (in more ways than one lol). He is also the defending, multiple time winning. number 1 plate wearing Mamba Jamba. You can download the rulebook here https://www.ahrma.org/ahrma-handbook/. Don't hesitate to contact me. Good luck dude.

I’ll have to take you both up on that! Nothing better than advice from those that are actively racing.

I did look over the handbook and found out one of my fork choices might not work. I was eyeing a set off a VFR800 - 98 I believe - but those calipers are 3 piston due to the linked brake system. Still have to dig to see if the CBR600F3 units will bolt up. F3 forks seem scarce these days for some reason.

I may just have to hit up jjam and see what he thinks for the setup. eBay seems to have a few decent F2 fork sets to choose from, and the speedo won’t require a conversion. However, smaller rotors and not as good of suspension.

Looks like the rear wheel needs to be from the F2 for sure anyway to meet the 4.5” width limit. Maybe F2 forks will just round out the package.

JJam
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have a lot of stuff for sale including an AHM style frame that was going to be for my Phillip Island bike but since it's taking so long to get a complete engine to the spec I want> I'm dumping the whole thing. I have a sale pending on the frame but I do have a set of F2 or maybe they are F3 forks all rebuilt and re-valved with Race Tech springs and they are freshly powder coated. I have many triple clamps as well that I can bore to fit. I also have wheel spacer kits for the front and the back.

Email me at jesawtellbuilt@gmail.com if you need anything? Always happy to see another F at the tracks. Good luck, Jim

bigscheaf
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

JJam wrote:
I have a lot of stuff for sale including an AHM style frame that was going to be for my Phillip Island bike but since it's taking so long to get a complete engine to the spec I want> I'm dumping the whole thing. I have a sale pending on the frame but I do have a set of F2 or maybe they are F3 forks all rebuilt and re-valved with Race Tech springs and they are freshly powder coated. I have many triple clamps as well that I can bore to fit. I also have wheel spacer kits for the front and the back.

Email me at jesawtellbuilt@gmail.com if you need anything? Always happy to see another F at the tracks. Good luck, Jim

I freshly rebuilt front end sounds like an enticing deal. F2 might be the better bet these days with what I’ve found on eBay (motorcycle salvage yards around here always lack what I’m looking for, so eBay it is). I’ll definitely be sure to hit you up. Might have to go the phone route though, I’ve always found it easier to talk out such details.

Now if I could find a place local to put in some practice laps after getting everything setup. Might need to convince the wife I need a dirt bike just so I can get off the street, I’m in the land of no curves without going 350 miles west.

Donn
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

bigscheaf wrote:

I did look over the handbook and found out one of my fork choices might not work. I was eyeing a set off a VFR800 - 98 I believe - but those calipers are 3 piston due to the linked brake system. Still have to dig to see if the CBR600F3 units will bolt up. F3 forks seem scarce these days for some reason.

I may just have to hit up jjam and see what he thinks for the setup. eBay seems to have a few decent F2 fork sets to choose from, and the speedo won’t require a conversion. However, smaller rotors and not as good of suspension.

Looks like the rear wheel needs to be from the F2 for sure anyway to meet the 4.5” width limit. Maybe F2 forks will just round out the package.

The caliper mounts are the same on The F3 and F2 fork. F3 calipers will fit a F2 fork with a F2 wheel. But You will need 296mm? rotors for your F2 wheel to work with F3 calipers.

316mm rotors could also fit a F2 wheel But would require some caliper relocation brackets or something else. The F2 and F3 front rotors are not interchangeable.

The VFR you mentioned uses different mounts on the fork than the CBR.

bigscheaf
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Donn wrote:
bigscheaf wrote:

The caliper mounts are the same on The F3 and F2 fork. F3 calipers will fit a F2 fork with a F2 wheel. But You will need 296mm? rotors for your F2 wheel to work with F3 calipers.

316mm rotors could also fit a F2 wheel But would require some caliper relocation brackets or something else. The F2 and F3 front rotors are not interchangeable.

I thought the F2 and F3 has different mounting locations on the fork legs and relocation brackets would be required to have the F3 calipers align properly.

VFR750 brackets might fix that. The Honda parts bin seems to have a fix for dang near any fitment issue.

Although if they do bolt up easily I’ll gladly go with larger rotors. Mo’ stop mo’ betta. Amiright?

Donn
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

bigscheaf wrote:
Donn wrote:
bigscheaf wrote:

I thought the F2 and F3 has different mounting locations on the fork legs and relocation brackets would be required to have the F3 calipers align properly.

VFR750 brackets might fix that. The Honda parts bin seems to have a fix for dang near any fitment issue.

Although if they do bolt up easily I’ll gladly go with larger rotors. Mo’ stop mo’ betta. Amiright?

I have both F2 and f3 fork legs, mounts are the same on mine.
It is the Calipers and brackets that gives the difference in rotor size.

Here´s a picture of a F3, F2 and a Brembo caliper.
F3 caliper looks a bit bigger than it is.

I am currently building a fork for my bike.

Took a chance and ordered the brembos.
Looks like they have fitment like the F3 calipers.

It´s a F3 fork with a F2 wheel and larger 296mm rotors.

1100russ
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just to let you know what I've done......
Stock 900f 39mm forks with Racetech internals. Feels like a modern sportbike front end.
Suzuki SV650 front calipers. They have a steel mount which makes it very easy make up and weld on an adapter. My bike will do stoppies......
VTR 1000 front wheel and rotors. Same as an F4 (not an F4i). Opens up tire options (17'x3.5'). No speedo drive but it's a race bike, I don't care lol. You can see all this on my track bike build thread, page 2 towards the bottom.

http://www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=77787&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

If you have any questions feel free to pm/email me......

XR100 Teaching Bike
Ducati 750 SS Track Bike
CB360 Little Honda 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic