\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,395,808
  • Today: 11,079
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 25, 2024
  • 04:53 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
danoo
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

any comments ? tonight's race

CDN1100F
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

danoo wrote:
any comments ? tonight's race

Yeah Danoo, only 14 posts in 11 years?
I have lost all respect for #46. That was total bullshit Rolling Eyes Shocked Twisted Evil

1981CB
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This one surely has tarnished him, but then again he has never been known much for his sportsmanship.
The evidence was clear, clear enough to black flag him from the race. Then impose the the 3 point penalty and start from the rear of the grid.

My opinion

Mark

1981CB
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

One other thing, what a ride from Danny!! Good to see him at the pointy end again.

Mark

Wayne750F
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yamaha has filed an appeal...but what happens to MotoGP if the penalty is upheld and Rossi walks away?

1993 Yamaha FZR1000 
erock419
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ha! So Rossi is "too big to fail"? lol

MotoGP will go on and still be awesome, with or without Rossi

Wayne750F
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's not that Rossi went down at all. It's how and why he went down. You're totally missing the point. It makes Spain a moot point and the season is already over.

1993 Yamaha FZR1000 
Stueecat
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I don't think I've ever seen such a blatant attempt by a rider to fix the result of a race AND a championship as I saw today by Marquez.
I know this comes on the back of Thursday's press conference where Rossi accused Marquez and Lorenzo of race fixing, but that's just psychological games to throw the others off their game. It's just a shame Marquez decided to prove what Rossi was accusing him of as being bang on the money.
He let Lorenzo pass him easily and the slowed down to get stuck in with Rossi and hold him up, and some of his overtakes while he mixed it with Rossi were excessively aggressive designed to either succeed or take them both out if Rossi hadn't backed out.
Clearly Rossi had enough of the games and went to push him wide, and that's when Marquez deliberately tipped his bike into Rossi. The knee out from Rossi looked to me like he was protecting himself from being knocked off by Marquez.
However, other er opinions are available Smile

nlovie
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

taken in isolation - it was stupid, but it wouldn't of happened in isolation

taken in context as the penultimate round of a brilliantly competitive season, leaving a close battle between only two riders for the championship - making a scrape of it, that early in the race was only going to achieve one thing - stop Rossi competing with Lorenzo = job done Marquez thanks for spoiling a great yr - don't get me wrong - he did nothing technically wrong - sometimes there's more to it than the rules

Wayne750F
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Let's see what happens with the appeal....but if upheld, it's a very dark day for MotoGP......If they get it right as everybody else saw it then things will smooth out and Valencia has meaning.

1993 Yamaha FZR1000 
LEAKER
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Appeal denied by FIM stewards. Penalties upheld.

SO i give you a quote from a well positioned observer;

"Is hard riding and the accompanying hard pass part of racing? Yes. Has Vale practiced both during his career? No doubt...just ask Sete, or Casey, or Jorge, or...fill in a name. But there is a small universe of separation between carving somebody up a bit for race position, and doing the same because you are a petulant child who would be perfectly happy to burn the sport down...so long as you could then be King of the Ashes."

An abject pity...I'll be in Valencia anyway, offering my thanks to Nicky.....

-Eric

Last edited by LEAKER on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Stueecat
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sad day for motoGp. I won't bother watching Valencia then as with Rossi starting at the back of the grid the result is a foregone conclusion.
I consider that Marquez has achieved today exactly what he set out to do, fix the championship for Lorenzo. Real shame as I had a great deal of respect and admiration for him until now.

LEAKER
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My opinion is that the ultimate blame resides in the corner office of Mr Carmelo Ezpelenza, Dorna CEO. After Rossi's vitriolic rant against Marquez at Thursday's presser I feel Mr Ezpelenza, the riders in question, team principals, and Race Director Mike Webb should have closed the door and heard what is, and what is not acceptable behavior, on track and off.

Mike Webb is the ideal man to oversee Race Direction. A former racer, mechanic, crew chief and IRTA Technical Director gives him a perfect perspective on the technical matters of MotoGP and the other classes. His commitment to rider safety above all was demonstrated this year at COTA when he delayed the start to address a pedestrian bridge that was dripping onto the racing surface. The start of a MotoGP race is considered "time certain", given that a billion people are tuned into every broadcast. To delay the start to address something that was noticed on the sighting lap cost Dorna millions of dollars, yet Mike did it without hesitation.

The Technical Regulations of MotoGP can be addressed with a bore gauge, a set of calibrated scales or a non-contact thermometer. Yes/No, Pass/Fail....totally binary.
Enforcing the Sporting Regulations requires a much higher degree of subjectivity. Bringing the expectations of Dorna, as it relates to the Sporting Regulations, might have kept the on-track handbag swinging to a minimum. Race Direction found fault today with both riders, but felt that only Rossi's actions could be penalized.

What a shame that the best show in motorsports (this season anyway) will end with a fizzle and an asterisk rather than with the cunning, strategy and skill that have us on the edge of our seats since Qatar.

-Eric

Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dang man....this is really a sad day for MotoGP. "On track handbag swinging" is exactly a perfect description. And the same off track could have been handled before the flag went down. Now Valencia means nothing....bummer

1993 Yamaha FZR1000 
DonR
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Rossi sycophants have got their yellow goggles well and truly welded on. The problem for Rossi isn't whether he kicked his bar or brake lever, that is immaterial. It's that they should have been turned in and on the gas 25m earlier. He deliberately and with malice of forethought pushed Marquez wide, well past the turn in point for the corner and caused the contact, which resulted in MM coming down. That's the broken rule right there.

Look at the black lines on the track. They're well past the spot where they are normally power sliding out of the corner, yet Rossi is still pushing him wide and slowing down.

Rossi's his lap times after that incident do not back up his claims that he could have run with Jorge, and the fact that MM was just about crashing just running the same pace as Rossi (MM lost the front a few times in that battle) don't support his claim that MM was slowing down to toy with him. I doubt Marquez could have gotten away from him had he wanted to anyway.

If Rossi had just kept racing I think he would have dropped MM at some point anyway. He brought this all on himself, and it started on Thursday when he had a bitch. He drew the target on his own back. MM was never gonna let him off lightly after that.

basmn
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Stueecat wrote:
Personally I don't think I've ever seen such a blatant attempt by a rider to fix the result of a race AND a championship as I saw today by Marquez.
I know this comes on the back of Thursday's press conference where Rossi accused Marquez and Lorenzo of race fixing, but that's just psychological games to throw the others off their game. It's just a shame Marquez decided to prove what Rossi was accusing him of as being bang on the money.
He let Lorenzo pass him easily and the slowed down to get stuck in with Rossi and hold him up, and some of his overtakes while he mixed it with Rossi were excessively aggressive designed to either succeed or take them both out if Rossi hadn't backed out.
Clearly Rossi had enough of the games and went to push him wide, and that's when Marquez deliberately tipped his bike into Rossi. The knee out from Rossi looked to me like he was protecting himself from being knocked off by Marquez.

+1 on that...
although I disagree with what rossi did in the end, but it's funny how one reacts when pushed to far. Hey next race the pac will open and let rossie up front and contend with that little turd Lorenzo, why did he leave the podium early ???? the little shit...

03 YZF R6 track only
XR100 pit special
CRF 230F
2014 Kodiak 450 for the wife (:
2018 Polaris 570..for me..

Last edited by basmn on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total 
CDN1100F
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Stueecat wrote:
Sad day for motoGp. I won't bother watching Valencia then as with Rossi starting at the back of the grid the result is a foregone conclusion.
I consider that Marquez has achieved today exactly what he set out to do, fix the championship for Lorenzo. Real shame as I had a great deal of respect and admiration for him until now.

What race were you watching?? You have to be fucking joking thinking Marc is out to fix the outcome of the championship!! He is there to ride hard and try to win races, no matter if he is in the hunt for the championship or not. What should Danny and Marc do? Let Jorge and Valentino start at the front and let them decide who wins?? That's not the way racing works my friend.
GO JORGE!!

DonR
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

+1 CDN1100F.

Marquez is contracted to HRC. His job is to win races pure and simple. Marquez was racing hard and clean. This ain't ballet dancing quipped Biaggi once.

The suggestion that he was slowing down is garbage. That type of racing between two guys will often result in them losing time to the guys in front. His times all weekend compared to Rossi back that up. Nobody should be surprised that they were running the same pace on track and Marquez was riding like a man possessed to beat Rossi. He nearly crashed a few times all by himself doing just that.

And once he was rid of MM, Rossi continued to lose ground to the leaders. If you think racing with Rossi is poor form, then you've drunk the yellow Kool-Aid.

Besides, if Rossi wasn't fast enough to get away from MM, then he deserves for Marquez to try and get back past him. It's not like anyone is shocked that Marquez always tries to come back past as soon as anyone overtakes him. He's renowned for it, it's in his PD

By the way, after the Marquez crash Rossi only matched Lorenz's lap times on one solitary lap. The rest of the race he was running times similar and slower to what he was doing when dicing with Marquez. In fact on his first full lap after the Marquez crash, riding all by himself, Rossi ran almost the identical time as he did the lap before the Marquez crash, when they were in the thick of the battle. The "Marquez was deliberately holding him up" line just doesn't hold water when you look at the times. Rossi didn't go nay faster once he was rid of him, with the exception of the odd lap or two.

Rossi is a victim of his own hubris and arrogance.

1981CB
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Stueecat wrote:

I think I must have been watching another race. People will always see what they want to see.

Mark

nlovie
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

the race was over at the point of the tiff, any data from then on is of mute interest - the gap to the front was made, the remaining laps were just going around in circles holding station

DonR
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

basmn wrote:
On a different note I found this and couldn't help but share it....
Someone's photoshopped out Rossi and Uccio's head, how clever.

stuartss
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rossi gave M M an agro arm signal the lap before and was clearly not happy.
I thought one of them was going to end up in the kitty litter, shame it happened during a bloody add and I had to watch a replay.

Didn't bother watching the rest

stuartss
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Bugger

LEAKER
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

<<>>

Race Direction found fault with both VR and MM at Sepang. Anyone else not seeing it must have been watching the Moto2 race, there is a Marquez and a Rossi there as well.

-Eric

Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

....it must be nice to be the king

Link

1100russ
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever Marquez was doing he was still racing. As soon as Rossi sat up, slowed down, drifted wide, and started running his mouth he was in the wrong. And then the blatant lie he told Dylan Gray after the race? Shut your mouth, grab some tbrottle and keep racing. Lost all respect for Rossi. What a prima donna.

XR100 Teaching Bike
Ducati 750 SS Track Bike
CB360 Little Honda 
CDN1100F
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

1100russ wrote:
Whatever Marquez was doing he was still racing. As soon as Rossi sat up, slowed down, drifted wide, and started running his mouth he was in the wrong. And then the blatant lie he told Dylan Gray after the race? Shut your mouth, grab some tbrottle and keep racing. Lost all respect for Rossi. What a prima donna.

++1 Rossi...Shut your (pizza) Pie Hole and race!!

Shawn_Mc
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DonR wrote:
The Rossi sycophants have got their yellow goggles well and truly welded on. The problem for Rossi isn't whether he kicked his bar or brake lever, that is immaterial. It's that they should have been turned in and on the gas 25m earlier. He deliberately and with malice of forethought pushed Marquez wide, well past the turn in point for the corner and caused the contact, which resulted in MM coming down. That's the broken rule right there.

Look at the black lines on the track. They're well past the spot where they are normally power sliding out of the corner, yet Rossi is still pushing him wide and slowing down.

Rossi's his lap times after that incident do not back up his claims that he could have run with Jorge, and the fact that MM was just about crashing just running the same pace as Rossi (MM lost the front a few times in that battle) don't support his claim that MM was slowing down to toy with him. I doubt Marquez could have gotten away from him had he wanted to anyway.

If Rossi had just kept racing I think he would have dropped MM at some point anyway. He brought this all on himself, and it started on Thursday when he had a bitch. He drew the target on his own back. MM was never gonna let him off lightly after that.

BOOM!

Right on the money. Marquez was doing everything he could to stay relevant in that race. It was pretty clear he didnt have the front grip to run with Pedrosa or Lorenzo. Rossi's assertion that Marquez was some how helping Lorenzo by beating him makes me think Rossi has some sort of mental defect... Marquez looked like a Kamakazi pilot trying to make that last lap pass on Lorenzo last week and Rossi is pissed because he took 4 more points from him? Rossi needs a test.

Its sad when heros turn out to be human. The penalty to Rossi is tiny in comparison to the crime. Think about what the ramifications would be if Marquez cracks the Navicular in his wrist or something from that stunt? A least they were going relatively slow.

Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dear All,

Forst of all get the facts straight. Rossi was not complaining that Marquez was beating him, only that he was deliberately slowing him down, namely that he was making impossible passes and then parking his Honda on the apex to deliberately slow Rossi down.

More importantly, please read the final adjudication of the Race Director. They found that indeed Marquez was trying to deliberatly slow Rossi down and, though not technically illegal, it was not in the spirit of racing. Their words not mine.

One more fact for you. When Rossi got hurt in 2010, viewership of Moto GP dropped by almost half. When he was in the Ducati hinterland, viewership fell more than 40%. If Rossi leaves MotoGP, he takes half of the TV viewership with him. Why do you think Dorna pressured Yamaha so much to take him back.

No one gives a flying fuck about Marc Marquez. He can't carry MotoGP on his shoulders. Lorenzo? You have got to be kidding. MotoGP without Rossi is world superbike. Indeed, I think it would be quite wonderful if Rossi left MotoGP and went to WSBK. Within two years Honda would have to cut Marquez's salary in half. Without Rossi dragging in the TV viewership, there would be no reason to pay him.

DonR
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I'd rather watch hard and tough racing than wait to see what antics the celebrity clown comes up with next. That seems to be what the Flossi fans crave the most. He's no Peter Pan and the sun will still rise in the East once he's gone. Maybe Dorna should preserve him with formaldehyde and pop him on a remote controlled bike. Bums on seats for ever!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic