\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 72,896,719
  • Today: 13,512
Server InfoServer Info
  • Mar 28, 2024
  • 10:00 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
hondaron
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

After 18 years and 351,000 miles of good times and good service, if only my truck could talk, thanks to an errant SUV driver that ran a red light that had been red for over a minute, it appears my poor truck has been driven for the last time Sad
Good thing no one was hurt, better thing is I almost jumped on my motorcycle Very Happy
Bad thing was, Janet was headed to a meeting a minute or 2 behind me to get to the intersection, 2 blocks from the house to see the carnage Mad

CDN1100F
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ron, very happy to hear you weren't hurt in the collision, and that Janet wasn't in the truck. Any idea why the idiot ran the 'established' red light? Were you the only other vehicle that was hit?
Hopefully you are able to get another good truck without too much out of pocket expense.
Take Care!
Chris

cliffiec
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ron, thankful that you and Janet are OK, bud. Looking forward to seeing a new truck, soon!

Silence is the best reply to a Fool!

Ever notice that people who think they know everything never shut up? 
vince83
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ronnie,

Can it be fixed with used parts, then painted? Up here in maine I see vehicles that look almost as bad as that riding down the road.... with a current inspection sticker LOL

"That shit will buff out"

Dont give up on it yet...!

Edit : Found this https://maine.craigslist.org/pts/d/kennebunkport-2001-chevy-silverado/6919066219.html

2nd edit this probably has it all https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/auburn-2001-chevy-silverado/6914610220.html

STDocLizard
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for your loss with such a long term and faithful vehicle due to an errant driver. We lost our 2000 V6 Vitara to corrosion in January with 336K on the clock.

Glad that you were not injured in the process.

Carry on!

Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That sucks!

New SUV's and Crew cab trucks come with significant sticker shock!

Good luck replacing it...

hondaron
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As to why the SUV driver ran the red light that had three other lanes of traffic stopped for over a minute, as I timed the light sequence this morning ?
I suspect she was on her phone or just flat not paying any attention.
I saw her coming at 45 or 50 miles an hour at the last second, and hit my brakes, she clipped my front end, otherwise she probably would have t boned me in my right front fender or passenger door.
Her airbag deployed, as my truck stopped her quickly. When she got out of the car she asked what happened, she had no clue !!! Thank goodness for grumpy old men, one was sitting at the red light and was first to help me out of my truck as door was partially stuck, he said " lady you ran a red light, why do you think we were all sitting there ? " She was ticketed, but unfortunately that won't replace my truck.

As much as I'd love to save my truck for sentimental reasons, my girls learned to drive in that truck, I moved them off to college in that truck, then back home in that truck, then off to their first jobs and apartments in that truck, not to mention the fun Janet and I have had hauling motorcycles and trips we've done in that truck, BUT honestly after a NASCAR hit like that I'd be afraid it would never be right, and I don't want a salvage title, and would be afraid that I'd jump through hoops to save it and then the motor goes shortly after its repaired

Insurance company's first offer was $4,000 based on mileage..... I told the guy I spent that much replacing transmission less than 60,000 miles ago because I Did NOT want a truck payment !!!
He said send me invoices, which of course I have and sent him
So the negotiating begins !!!!

As to the significant sticker shock, been there, done that which is why I was still driving this 2001

Unfortunately I have officially joined the Grumpy Old Men Club, dang it the cost of a new truck, like my grandpa said, " I didn't pay that much for my first house "

So bottom line is I'm screwed any way you look at it, but could always be worse Very Happy

Hondo57
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ughhhh...Goodbye old friend:-(
Glad you are AOK

Last edited by Hondo57 on Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total 
SteveG
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch. Glad you are ok.

Steve

Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Good to see you are OK through it all.

tomk1960
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bummer, Ronnie, but I'm glad you and no one else was hurt.

It does stink to lose a perfectly good vehicle due to someone else's carelessness. Insurance companies look at these losses with a very black and white viewpoint. Replacement cost is not their concern.

On the bright side, this is your opportunity to switch over to Ford! Wink

Seriously, this is the best time of year to get deals since the model year is switching over from 2019 to 2020. Dealers want to get rid of the 2019 leftovers that are still on their lots and are willing to negotiate. You could end up with a very loaded new truck for a reasonable price. That's how I got my last F150. $11K off sticker with some extra goodies thrown in for free.

Have some fun truck shopping!

CB1100F's - multiple flavors 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nunzio
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't want truck payments. Go to the Doctor and have a post accident look over. Any amount of soreness or trauma after can turn into something worse. Document any ailments. Then go to the Chiropractor for soft tissue damage. Then start the negotiations with the insurance company. It may take a few months but they will gladly pay for the cost of a replacement truck and then some. Especially if she was distracted and on the phone.

norm
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

It sucks when they write of a vehicle with little apparent structural damage, another front clip and it should good to go again with minimal expense. Not sure how it all works over there but pickups like that are strongly sought after here and pull big dollars and would be rebuilt without hesitation

Izzy
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch! That looks like someone could have been hurt so I'm glad to hear no bodily injuries occurred.

BullittDave
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Things like that are always a bummer.

I shopped around and found a 2002 F-150 with 133xxx on it that runs perfectly (after I put in new plugs, C.O.P.S and IAC valve.) I paid $1400 for it. Not overly pretty (my brother says the color looks like wet cardboard, lol.) Hopefully, you can find something fairly inexpensive that you can replace it with that you won't have to finance.

I hope you can find something by the time we do the fall ride.

1997 Yamaha Vmax
1979 Kawasaki 1000ST 
hondaron
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My truck was getting to the age and mileage that I needed to replace it, just wasn't the way I wanted it to happen, and of course I had recently spent money on repairs hoping and wanting to milk it another year or two.

But as they say best made plans Shocked

And of course things could ALWAYS BE WORSE, I had some tools to carry that morning, or I could have/would have been on one of my motorcyces Crying or Very sad

Still arguing with insurance company, I'll have something soon or the wifey won't be happy, ha !!!

It's cramping our style, you don't realize how much you use and need your truck until you suddenly don't have it !!!!

It was in the Chevy Legends, they must have learned about it's death, as they recently sent me some Chevy playing cards, ha Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic