\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 72,899,103
  • Today: 966
Server InfoServer Info
  • Mar 29, 2024
  • 01:44 am PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
Shawn_Mc
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone ever pulled a small trailer with their F bike? Harbor Freight has a small, 145 pound trailer that would be great for hauling your stuff, road side tools etc for significant trips.

Granted Id have to make a hitch, which could be mounted on the passenger peg mounts and a drop down off the rear seat frame, not a big deal. Just wondering if anyone has done it before...pics?

Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Trailers and bikes. No thank you.

2006 H-D Fatboy 
toddk
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

One of the guys on the NE rides brings a trailer and we move along at a good clip. The thing looks very stable. It seems a little spooky to me because it's so long, but certainly doable.

Toddk

fr8train
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pulled a Travelite pop up for several years. They are a little squirrelly in slow turns while braking. Tend to push the back of bike around. Most important lesson learned. Be careful pulling out of ramps in front of traffic. They REALLY slow down your acceleration rate!

Wulph
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Shaun, I pull a trailer behind an 1800 Goldwing, although that's not quite a straight comparison. If you want to pull behind your 1100 maybe a single wheel trailer would be more suitable. The hitch for those allows up / down movement but no side to side so the trailer leans with the bike. As far as my trailer (Fibroconcept Cruiser XL), it was strongly recommended that the trailer tires (radials) were run at 20-psi to soften the ride to help eliminate bounce. The Wing has so much torque that even with a loaded trailer, acceleration doesn't suffer too much. Nor does braking with the weight of the Wing. You've really got to be cognisant of the extra width behind you though as you don't want to run a trailer wheel into a curb or off the pavement while cornering. Either will lead to a bad experience. Another bonus of the single wheel, besides being lighter, is you can easily unhook it from the bike and roll it into your motel room if you're overnighting at a motel.

Shawn_Mc
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wulph wrote:
Hey Shaun, I pull a trailer behind an 1800 Goldwing, although that's not quite a straight comparison. If you want to pull behind your 1100 maybe a single wheel trailer would be more suitable. The hitch for those allows up / down movement but no side to side so the trailer leans with the bike. As far as my trailer (Fibroconcept Cruiser XL), it was strongly recommended that the trailer tires (radials) were run at 20-psi to soften the ride to help eliminate bounce. The Wing has so much torque that even with a loaded trailer, acceleration doesn't suffer too much. Nor does braking with the weight of the Wing. You've really got to be cognisant of the extra width behind you though as you don't want to run a trailer wheel into a curb or off the pavement while cornering. Either will lead to a bad experience. Another bonus of the single wheel, besides being lighter, is you can easily unhook it from the bike and roll it into your motel room if you're overnighting at a motel.

Ive seen those single wheel setups. I like that idea, but holy mother, they want $2200 for the thing....I can buy the tools to build the thing for less.

I'll look at whats out there and what seems to work and figure something out. I'll probably just buy a Roof top cargo box and build a single wheel trailer. I could use the old front wheel from my 1100 as the wheel. Fab a suspension setup using a single shock. It aint rocket science.

Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
... as you don't want to run a trailer wheel into a curb or off the pavement while cornering. Either will lead to a bad experience...

Sounds possibly like understatement... Razz

We don\'t see things as they are
we see things as we are

Viton Valve Stem Seals
12.9 Cam Holder Bolts

BlueThunder
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

toddk wrote:
One of the guys on the NE rides brings a trailer and we move along at a good clip. The thing looks very stable. It seems a little spooky to me because it's so long, but certainly doable.

Toddk

1977 GL1000 - Ox 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic