\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 72,897,180
  • Today: 13,973
Server InfoServer Info
  • Mar 28, 2024
  • 10:40 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
bobr
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i just saw the picture of the bike in copper mine. what chin cowl is that, i always wanted to add one to my bike, thanx.

bobr
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

what's up, cat got your guys tongue? Rolling Eyes

831100F
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

Location: Adjacent to and within walking distance of: Beautiful downtown Winterpock, VA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like Spook might have what you're lookin' for.

http://cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=963

Mike

BluesMan
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No thanks, I don't want a goat-tee ( chin whiskers ) on my motorcycle. Shocked

bobr
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

thanks. Wink

TigreST
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's fall, and then some, again. Having done the final mow and mulch of all the flotsom and jetsom that lands in the yard during this time of year, the Lawnboy is washed and parked next to the Harley. It (the mower) will be replaced in this honored spot by the Craftsman Snowblower all to soon I fear. Anyway, to the point.
While moving mower and blower around I had access to the bike spare body parts box. Pictured are the pieces that came out of this box. Pair of fenders, one 1100F blue, one 750/900F unit gray (which has been media blasted to remove the paint), pair of side covers r/l blue, brand new fairing glass for the 1100F fairing, a sllightly scuffed 1100F fairing, and three tail pieces, 2 1100F, 1 750 piece. And more to the point, one Barricuda chin fairing. I do not believe this company is still in business but I cannot be sure of that. I say this only because this piece was purchased back in 1984 and was something of a one-off. The only other one I've ever seen was on the bike that inspired the build up of my 750F. This bike was a featured machine in Cycle Canada's "Show Case", a 900F model done to the nuts (for the time). Dymags, big brakes, Calfab, Wolf race pipe, no speedo only a tack etc. The chin fairing was complemented with a cafe styled bobbed front fender that worked well with the chin piece. There was no headlight fairing at all. Some how it worked (looked) well together IMHO. I've got the mag somewhere but as of yet have failed to find it in the archives. In another previous post I mentioned the fact that Lockart of oil cooler fame also made a chin piece for the "F" models. I had one of these also. It was less then half the size of the unit pictured here. This Barricuda unit did fit tightly around the engine on the sides and exhaust system head pipes at the front. The main reason for the removal of both the Barricuda piece and the Lockart unit were the fact that the paint did not match close enough to the factory silver to make the parts look like they belonged together. You may be able to see the diff in color in the photo's if you compare the tail piece silver to the chin fairing. I think I also ran over something while this piece was on the bike. A piece of sheet metal flew out from under a car in front of me and caught the fairing,..there are some war wounds on it. I'll try and find the mag picture. So have a look below.

HTH,
Tony

stoutblock
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

Is your red 1100F euro tail in good shape? If so, Im intersted.

Martin

Cameron
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tigerst,
i'm hoping that 1100f fairing will fit on my 900 (anybody ever tried this? i'm kinda shooting for any eddy-lawson-kaw-look with my cb). PM me a price please.

TigreST
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Guys,
The parts are not currently for sale. Very sorry if I gave that impression. Most of them are in poor shape as far as factory finish goes. They will not see E-bay ever! I'll post them here if and when the day comes o.k.? Thanks.

Tony

TigreST
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron,
To answer your question, Yes the 1100F fairing pictured, which is sourced from the U.S. spec 1100F parts bin, can be mounted to your 900F. But let me state up front,..it's not a direct bolt on as "bolt ons" go. My Canadian spec 1100F now sports one of these fairings. I installed it soon after I purchased the bike new back in 1984 (it was a year old on the showroom floor at the time of purchase) My 1100F headlight set up in stock form is very much like, if not identical to, your 900F equipment. The gauge package is similar yet different between your bike and mine, but the basic component parts are all the same. The problems with mounting this "Honda" piece is that it was designed to be used with a flush mount dash style gauge package as used on the U.S. spec 1100F. There is some fab work to be done to make it work with the gauge sets that are on your bike and my bike.

To do the install as I did you would need almost ever piece of mounting hardware from the U.S. spec bike,..all the brackets, headlight mounts, etc etc. At the time I did it I was into about a $1000.00 for all the bits. This did not include the flush mount gauge package,..that would have been almost another grand to get one into Canada.

When I installed the 1/4 fairing I had a brother in Colorado to which I basically gave "carte Blanc" to, to purchase everything at his local Honda dealer that he thought I might need. I asked him to purchase ever nut, bolt, washer, zoodad, zinkapater that had anything to do with the fairing. Everything except the gauge package. I used everything he sent to do the install. If your look close at your headlight mount/gauge cluster mount horns you will see that the gauge cluster helps to support the top of the headlight mounting bracket. I had to cut these mounting points off the top of the original headlight mount bracket and rig a connector bracket to re install them on the gauge cluster and then to the new headlight bracket/fairing mount. It works but given time I know I could do a better job of it. None of the mods are visible from the top of the gauge cluster,..it does come off looking rather factory-ish. Could it be done in another fashion? Perhaps. How? I'm not sure. You would definitely have to find a rectangle headlight to use and it's mounting bracket. Maybe something from the VFR parts bin cold be made to work. If I had time and better weather I could do a photo shoot showing how and what I did to install the piece. Sadly the bikes are put away for the winter once again (fact is they never came out this year, and have not been on the road since 1996)

I'm not sure if this helps or not.

Tony

TigreST
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron,
I managed a couple of 1/4 fairing install shots today while setting things up for winter storage. This is what the Canadain spec 1100F looks like with the U.S. 1/4 fairing installed while retaining the factory gauge cluster from the Canadian bike. Something to note here is the tight fit of the cables to the trailing edge of the fairing at the handle bar cut out area's (see shot #2). The Canadian spec bike comes with the clip-on style handle bars/sport kit rather then the U.S. tube bars, ergo, there is more room between fairing and cables on the U.S. spec bike (due to routing of cables). The sport kit reroutes the throttle cables over the top as you can see. I've had no trouble with operation of the cables here but it is tight. HTH.

HTH.

Tony

sonicrete
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

This is just a personal observation but here goes. I have several of these bikes and I agree the 1100F fairing looks nice,until you ride at night. The square head light gives a poor pattern. A parbolic shape on high beam is OK,but it is a reversed parabola with a dark spot in the center on low beam. I would much rather ride a "regular" bike at night,the headlight pattern nice in stock trim can be further improved with modern car sealed beams. There are some aftermarket fairings that will "match" the round headlight and look fairly good,but are not stock Honda.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic