\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 64,202,440
  • Today: 10,124
Server InfoServer Info
  • Feb 01, 2023
  • 10:54 am PST

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
CB1100F
SuperSport
SuperSport

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, I want to bring up an issue that has come to my attention. The issue is one off topic posts, specifically non CBF posts. After pondering this a little bit I would ask for non SuperSport related posts to comply with this request. Please limit your posts to the technical forum for issues around common items we share. For instance how to adjust DOHC valves, or perhaps engine internals, electrical, or carbs, would be appropriate. I understand that we need to share this information as best we can on these old bikes, and I don't have a problem with that, so long as it ultimately benefits the CBF community. I would ask that non CB750/900/1100F questions, or discussions not take place in the SuperSport forums. The premise of these forums is for CBF discussion. If you are an orphan, we may be able to direct you to other discussion groups that would more openly welcome you. I know there are both CB Custom and SOHC groups out on the Internet. If you absolutely must post off topic on this site please keep it in the "The Great Beyond" forum. I don't want to alienate anyone from conversation, and I apologize if that happens, but I also can't have the spirit and purpose of this site diluted. It is now, and will remain dedicated to the CBF's.

Last edited by CB1100F on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:06 pm; edited 8 times in total 
spookf4e
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

I concur with the outline presented by Glenn and comliment him on his stance on the matter.

Nobody wants anyone out - but this is a "F" Group dedicated initially to the CB1100F; then the CB900F and the CB750F.

If we can all work within the parameters of Glenn's message it's my belief it will be for the betterment of all and preservation of the "CB F" site.

Wildcat
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Umm, bit confused by this, CB1100F please check your pm's........

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Lumberg
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose this message applies to me. Please direct me to a group that is more geared towards the CB Customs. Thank you.

Antca
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have checked on this board since it was back on crosswinds and value the opinions of it's members. I agree with Glenn, it should be about the F bikes as that was the premise of the site.

I would also encourage all the custom owners to still come to the site and, I hope, be able to participate to the extent that we all - ride, have Honda's and have some similarities with regards to parts/tips/technical/humor.

For custom specific questions you may actually find there are folks that know them inside and out at these sites --> (look for Paul Shivers and Mike Collins respectivly - they know there customs.)
CB custom site http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/hondacb900cb1000/
and
http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?user=cbmatt

I came accross these sites about the same time and found more than a bit of usefull info on all.

My opinion / summery -
If it's a custom posting - post it where it has the best audience - the custom boards.
If it applies to both post in both (if it's a question, wait a bit between posts as answer could come quick and you won't need to post on the second board)
If it's funny post it to the world!!!

Anthony,
CB900F (will get a custom for the wife next year)

CB1100F
SuperSport
SuperSport

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In response to several PM

spookf4e
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

The "Gate Keeper & Key Master" wrote:
Quote:
I have a CBX, as well as a Sportster parked next to my CB1100F but when I want to talk CBX or Sportster or even Acura Integra, I go to those sites that are geared toward those bikes. That

Beauff
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Iam glad and happy to have found this site. being a new owner of a DOHC CB 750 F . If I hade a CBX or CL or whatever I wound be a member of that web site instead. Cool Plus I like these cool faces

ChopperCharles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is, this is the only GOOD forum that handles the DOHC bikes. You try using yahoo forums for a couple of days. The interface is horrible! There are more people here, and more importantly, there are more KNOWLEDGABLE people here than on any other board. Why not call this the CB750/900/1100 DOHC Website, instead of making it for the F bikes only? It'd be a simple matter to add another forum for the Custom bikes to the main forum index.

So far, I know of these groups:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/cb-750/
(all CB's, but mostly nighthawks. Not a very mechanically-oriented lot. All the messages are packed into one board, they're not sorted by thready, the site is hard to navigate and responses are hard to find. Piss-poor interface)

http://cb1100f.net
(all the DOHC F model bikes. Most knowledgable people on the net, lots of info on performance modifications)

http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?user=cbmatt
(Almost exclusively for the CB900C, not a lot of activity, old messages disappear quickly)

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/hondacb900cb1000/
(Another crappy Yahoo forum, only slightly more relevant than the other one)

Really, this is the only good place to get information on the DOHC bikes, especially the 750's.

Charles.

CB1100F
SuperSport
SuperSport

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ChopperCharles wrote:
Why not call this the CB750/900/1100 DOHC Website, instead of making it for the F bikes only?

Because it's not. It's not geared toward Nighthawks, or Customs, or CBX's.

It's not a matter of making it, it's already made and has been for a couple years. Why not use what works as an example, and create a CBC (not F, Nighthawk, or CBX) website? Would you like me to create one for you?

Rat
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

The type of bike is important. The quality of the people is even more important.

The site has reached 'Critical Mass', if we all stick to our guns, it will hold to its original values.

People who try to take advantage will be 'blown away' by our collective goodwill.

Thanks to the Original Few who made it happen and continue to hold the quality at the highest level on the net.

Gord Razz

jons
Black CB900F
Black CB900F

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

The conduct requested is very fair.
I have two VWs. I go to VWVortex forum. Even though Audis have the same engines in most cases and is owned by VW, I don't go to the Audi forums to talk about VWs. Sometimes I check to see what they are saying about 1.8turbos which both brands share.

speednugget
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

i know im still new but have been riding 9-11fs for years and i get pissed when some guy on a night hawk compares his to mine in the parking lot ive had a couple nice nighthawks i know its not the same animal and i feel the discussions are not the same and should be separated by a small fence. Cool

Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

ChopperCharles wrote:
Why not call this the CB750/900/1100 DOHC Website, instead of making it for the F bikes only?

I believe web hosting costs are also an issue (?)

CB1100F
SuperSport
SuperSport

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

spookf4e wrote:
The "Gate Keeper & Key Master" wrote

Hahaha I just got that. Exclamation

solman
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Sharks and Guppys are both fish... One is just a whole lot meaner. Twisted Evil I believe the same goes for the C's and F's. Both are bikes, both are Hondas, F's just have more in common with sharks than guppys.

spookf4e
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Glenn wrote:
Quote:
spookf4e wrote:
The "Gate Keeper & Key Master" wrote

Hahaha I just got that.

I'm happy for ya Glenn....I'm glad you finally got it! Even late breaking humor is good humor. Whatever you do...don't cross the beams! We'll have marshmellow creme all over the site. Very Happy

tyson
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Glenn,

Glenn,

I'm an early member and a holdover from the earlier website. I have an SOHC 750 that I love, but this is an 1100-f site (with room for 750's and 900-f's too, Wink ). I couldn't agree more about your decisions regarding restriciton of topics. This site has hit critical mass and for it to remain useful for all, it must be limited in scope.

The contributions of the likes of you, Martin, Soni, Matt in Montana, now Mike Nixon and a few others, shouldn't be watered down.

IMHO

Keep up the GREAT work.

Tyson Branyan
Cushing, Oklahoma

ChopperCharles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

But the Nighthawks and CBX's don't have the exact same engine that the F models do. The CB750C has the same engine as the CB750F, and the CB900C has the same engine as the CB900F, with the exception of a shaft drive and different transmission. The only real difference between the Custom's and the F-models is the styling. Which is why I think a sub-forum on this site would be a great idea.

Charles.

solman
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
The only real difference between the Custom's and the F-models is the styling. Which is why I think a sub-forum on this site would be a great idea.

It seems to me that you have never owned a F model. There is a lot more differences than just styling. In fact there is way more differences than similarities, especially with the 900C. About the only thing useful I can think of on a 900C would be the top half of the motor to install on my F model.

RJK900C
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I will throw in my 2 cents worth. I am guilty of owning four 900C's and looking to add an F model to the collection. I do belong to the Custom group also. I found myself reading more on this site, because of the engine knowledge that abounds here. The few posts I have made, have been about things that both models have in common, such as master cylinder rebuilds, clutch bolts backing out, and top end rebuilds.

I understand wanting to keep the site as designed, and respect that decision. It is part of what keeps a good site going. I don't want to upset anyone, and will keep my questions, and opinions limited to common grounds.

Skreekin
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

I also agree that this site should be primarily for the CB750/900/1100F series of bikes. As it is, there are so many posts each day that it can take upwards of an hour to read everything. And if I miss a day or two, it seems like I cannot get caught up. Lets try to stay with the intended purpose of this website. Its not that we don't want to help any and all, but the amount of congestion is starting to take away from the site. There may be some on this site with a great deal of expertise on many bikes that would be willing to answer non CBF questions, but the site as a whole needs to stay dedicated to these three. Of course this is just my opinion, take it how you want.

Skreekin

sonicrete
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I should sign on also. For about 20 yrs I raced a DOHC 750 "K". Of course it had more "F" parts in it,but it was "K" BODYWORK. As far as working on them or parts they are all alike. The only "odd" one of the group is the shaft drive bikes. These have a value for us as "F" owners. The output shaft in the transmission is a great way to make the offset drive you need to clear a car size slick,since no aftermarket exists for these bikes. The crankshaft becomes critical for replacements since the "F" stock pile is getting thin. As for the bike,I wish I had a Nightwawk body work version as it would be faster for drag racing. The reason is the shorter gas tank. The "F" bodywork moves the rider further to the rear and this affects the launch. Many of the things that work on the DOHC 4 cylinder also works on the CBX as they were designed at the same time by the same guys. If all you are concerned about is the "look" of the bike great,if you actually care about the function of the bike,they are all alike.

Blainethemono
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In a way I agree with Chopper charles. Good info, like good people, is where you find it, & once you find it it should be cherished.

When I go riding and see a rest area or a local watering hole coming up, I dont inspect what kind of bikes are in the parking lot before I pull in and stop. 2 wheels are 2 wheels, no matter the brand name. I also go out of my way to strike up conversations with bikes owners of all shapes and sizes. One mans story might help me out some day, when Im stranded by the side of the road.

But its Glenns site and he can run it any way he chooses. To bad other "add-on" forums couldnt be added on to this site to help those non F riders who just need accurate info from passionate, intelligent & experienced riders who just hapen to be F bike owners.

And besides, talk to Stoutblock. He has a 900C oil cover on his Yoshi, so if THAT doesnt qualify letting 900C on this board, I dont know what would.... Cool

and Lumberg, DONT GO ANYWHERE. If you dont feel welcome, then niether do I....and I would hope everyone here wishes you to feel welcome...

solman
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
But its Glenns site and he can run it any way he chooses. To bad other "add-on" forums couldnt be added on to this site to help those non F riders who just need accurate info from passionate, intelligent & experienced riders who just hapen to be F bike owners.

And besides, talk to Stoutblock. He has a 900C oil cover on his Yoshi, so if THAT doesnt qualify letting 900C on this board, I dont know what would....

and Lumberg, DONT GO ANYWHERE. If you dont feel welcome, then niether do I....and I would hope everyone here wishes you to feel welcome...

First of all you're right it is Glenn's site. What is up with the Hostility? You go to a site dedicated to something and all they ask is to stick with the subject. In my opinion, I don't feel that we have made anyone unwelcome. It is just our responsible to be courteous to the group and stick to the subject that it was intended for. By the way, I have a 900C head on my bike, does that make me bad? I don't believe so because it is one of the similarities that works for both bikes.

Blainethemono
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Uh, WHAT hostility? You obviously missed the HAPPY FACE.

So Bisexual britini IS on topic & lumbergs motorcycle questions arent?

I posted my opinion, sorry you dont agree with it. I also asked Glenn, VERY RESPECTFULLY, WHY britni can post & mention 3 way sex acts and lesbians, but Lumberg cannot ask questioins about his 900C bike.

You have an issue with that?

CB1100F
SuperSport
SuperSport

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Non F Guys, I appreciate the input, but quite honestly you're logic is flawed.

Based on the line of thought put forth, there is no end. Let's just call it a motorcycle site. Use 2 wheels and a motor as the lowest common denominator. Certainly the discussions on oil apply to all motorcycles, the threads on tires, apply to HD as wells as Guzzi. Torque, and the disciplines of mechanics apply to everything.

F'ers are no smarter, friendlier, funnier or anything else. The common thread, is they have a place to gather. look at www.cbxworld.com and you'll see the same exact scenario going on there. Good, smart intelligent conversation based on CBX ownership. Many models have sites, R1's, Blackbirds, Ninja's, 919's, the early Honda v4's, you name it.
Ask yourself would you hang out on a Triumph site if you didn't own a Triumph? Would you post about your Kawasaki there? How about a Goldwing site? We are all Honda right? Wrong. Goldwing sites are for Goldwings. Speed Triple sites are for Speed Triples. Yes, the Honda CB750/900/1100F site is for these models models specifically.

Some sites are deliberately broad, sportsbikes, or Suzuki, or off road. Others like this site have a more specific purpose. I would never expect a non F owner to care of the model lived or dies. But the fact is this, I DO CARE and so do the majority of users that frequent this board. And that is the acid test. Ask yourself do you honestly care if these bikes the Honda CB750/900/1100F survive? If the answer is not a resounding yes, this site was not designed for you.

There will be no additional forums for the Customs or the K's. I have actively spent my time and money to set you up with a domain name and website www.cb900c.net . I would ask you to join that site when it comes online later this week, and bring the passion you show here to that site, make it what you want, include the models you feel fit. If that includes F bikes or anything else, that is up to you.

With that said, this thread is locked. If anyone wants to debate inclusiveness in this site, I'm more than willing but as of now, that topic is off topic in this forum. The BBS information or Great Beyond is more appropriate.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic