\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,270,452
  • Today: 16,852
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 18, 2024
  • 08:37 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
tdm34
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all, as most of you know, i've recently hopped the pond from the UK to Akron in the USA, and within a week was itching to get back on to two wheels, so wanted a CB-F but couldn't find anything suitable, either more than I was prepared to pay or an overpriced mechanical ruin....

I will get a project CB-F in the near future, and will apply all the knowhow of this fantastic forum and build a bullet.

So! what to do say I? I wanted a big aircooled four cylinder with plenty of grunt and good handling, but as inexpensive as possible.

Whilst idly perusing bookface marketplace I alighted on a very clean, totally original 20,000 mile old 1987 Yamaha FJ1200.

I want to publicly thank Jim Sawtell, as he's sourced for me a YSS rear shock and a set of Hyperpro springs for the front end, properly weighted for me, very quickly and at a competitive price, as the weather gets worse in Ohio i'll set too and get stuck in with a raft of improvements i've got planned for the big FJ.

Thanks Jim.

Regards Rob.....

And as soon as the EPA will let me i'll be bringing a Honda CB1300F over from the UK as well....

JJam
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You are welcome Rob. I hope the shock is all that it’s supposed to be? It was the first YSS single shock I have sold. So far the guys I have sold the twin shocks too all love them. Reasonable cost and more adjustments than the normal Ohlins HO140 shocks.

Peace, Jim

tdm34
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The build quality is exceptional Jim, just waiting for a couple of other bits and i'll set too.

tomk1960
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Can you bring over a few extra 1300F's? 😉

CB1100F's - multiple flavors 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
tdm34
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

tomk1960 wrote:
Can you bring over a few extra 1300F's? 😉

They are utterly superb things, I had mine for four years and over 40,000 miles, with the exception of a failed rec/reg (due to a clip failing and let the cable drop on to the chain which proceeded to saw through it) and a snapped throttle cable, it got serviced every 4000 miles never needed a shim doing, I put a full Akrapovic System a Power Commander V and some airbox mods, a custom map gave 141bhp and 101 ft/lb at the wheel, chassis mods where limited to Hagon Nitro shocks and Hagon progressive springs and Michelin Road 3/4/5's.
For a big girl she picks up her skirt and can boogie with sportsbikes if you like, utterly without vice a fantastic bike.

And I miss mine everyday.

Rob

Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

I want one and think Honda has it's head up it's ass for not being them here.

2006 H-D Fatboy 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic