\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,262,315
  • Today: 8,715
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 18, 2024
  • 10:31 am PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
hogwild113
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I found a complete solid plate sportkit with the shorter cables and lower handlebars. While complete, it's pretty rough, rusty cable ends, brake lever, shifter linkage.. The controls are weathered, foot peg rubbers in fair condition..
Overall, it looks like hell...

What 's got me interested is it has the sport kit handlebars. They are in decent condition, may need a re-chrome but look decent. What I need is: 1.) info on how to tell the handlebars are actually the sportkit bars 2.) if they are correct, what are they worth? and 3.)the kit is in Connecticut and he will not ship, local pickup only, can someone help with meeting up with seller for me and ship to me.

Seller says he will not ship but will meet up with someone on my behalf. Thanks, any info/help appreciated...

Bucko
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just and fyi.... Regular cables will work with the sport kit switch assembly.

I have an original 'sport kit' handle bar - I think - not sure exactly where they are though. I had them on for my May California trip but swapped them out when I got home as I prefer slightly lower bars - haven't seen them since.

Bucko
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this will help or not. I have a set of Original Sport Kit bars and these may be them - the confusion lies in the fact that I have a set of CB400 bars which are supposed to be very similar and I'm not 100% certain the bars I have picture here are the sports kit bars or the CB400 bars - but I believe they are the sport kit bars:

grump
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Bucko, have you any idea what the rise and pullback is on these bars/ Thanks. m

f4fast
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have a set of stock sportbike bars ...never cared for them, too much rearward sweep for my tastes...

Put them on recently after a riding coach told me I sat too far forward and needed to sit rearward to get lower in turns.

Was never comfortable with them..When I was a kid and put the sport kit on my 750 when it was new, I left the stock honda bars in the box, and went to the rider Signature "Super-bike" bars..I think I had the "Wes Cooley" version.....

sfhess
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

When I installed my Sport Control Kit back in '81 I used a superbike bar, then sold the stock and Sport Kit bars at a swap meet.

I too thought the bar in the kit had too much rearward angle.

I still have all the other stock parts that were removed for the Sport Kit install, as well as a few sets of Sport Kit cables.

grump
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Based on info above I just ordered a set of "euro" bend bars. A little less pullback, a little less rise, a small bit narrower. Bikemaster European 7/8" Handlebar

headless
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bucko wrote:
Not sure if this will help or not. I have a set of Original Sport Kit bars and these may be them - the confusion lies in the fact that I have a set of CB400 bars which are supposed to be very similar and I'm not 100% certain the bars I have picture here are the sports kit bars or the CB400 bars - but I believe they are the sport kit bars:

FYI - Here are the CB400F bars. They have less rise and pullback. Also, note the cables were routed inside the bars.

Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ive got the 400F bars on my SOHC 750 , the Bikemaster bars Grump mentioned, I have on both my 900F and 1100F, as they are very similar part#110520 in chrome or #110521 in black

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic