\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 72,897,492
  • Today: 14,285
Server InfoServer Info
  • Mar 28, 2024
  • 11:01 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
Captain
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

To all concerned that may or may not be planning to visit Barber and to see our Superbike in action.
The following is a copy of our last email to ARHMA after 5 months of repeated efforts to gain any practical response for entry to the Barber event and receive confirmation.
This was also required in order to apply for both a DOT and EPA permit to import the bike to the US as without this supporting confirmation we cannot complete our permit application nor the bike enter the US. As I write this our bike is still sitting in the UK and will now be redirected back to NZ.

The following is self explanatory...............

(quote)
Cindy,
Thank you for your efforts to date but unfortunately they have been to no avail. Without question this has been a disaster for all concerned and the disruption to planning and the logistics for Vince & Hyde Racing and our repeated efforts to resolve in the appropriate time frame.
Our cut-off for this was AM Friday (NZ) time) and which was indicated to you in a previous email (Jul 24, 2019 at 2:44 PM Vince Sharpe <vincesharpe>) and as we have not received the subject correspondence requested in the time frame required Vince & Hyde Racing are officially cancelling our entry and or participation with AHRMA at the upcoming Barber event.
It is extremely disappointing for all that it has come to this but the inaction/delay on many levels has left us with no other option.
We wish you a successful event.

Kind Regards,
Brent Hyde

Vince & Hyde Racing (quote)

This was not our wish and we explored every avenue trying to get this done and so my apologies to all other than the ARHMA personnel whom my opinion of is at an all time low.

Captain

Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

VERY SAD to hear this as I was certainly looking forward to stopping by to say HELLO and thank you in person for all you have done to help the CB "F" community.

Am sure many others will be disappointed as well.

Ricardo

hondaron
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That sucks, so sorry to hear😟

I wish there was something we could do to help make this happen, was looking so forward to seeing your bike in action

nathanhouse
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Disappointing indeed. Hopefully the the cause/person responsible for the inaction will be resolved and you and others that plan to travel here from outside the US to participate will be welcomed expediently in the future.

CBX-tras
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be altering my plans as well, had intended to make the event and see you.

Approved Carburetor Rebuilder 
Hondo57
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We are still going to Barber. I have been wanting to meet Brent for awhile now to thank him for all the guidance he has given on the bike build. I still look forward to meeting forum members as well as seeing the museum and racing. I think it will be a more than memorable experience. Will miss seeing the Torbay Hot Rod and hearing it run though.

CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Brent, are still able to redirect to US? I am on good terms with the AHRMA admin and can try to help on this end.

XR100 Teaching Bike
Ducati 750 SS Track Bike
CB360 Little Honda 
petrat
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

1100russ wrote:
Brent, are still able to redirect to US? I am on good terms with the AHRMA admin and can try to help on this end.

After 5 months of emails and voice messages, and then finally having someone contact him in the dying hours and commit to delivering the documentation he required within 24 hrs to make his deadline for import, but then still not come through, I'd say it's a waste of effort. Not sure how anyone can run an organization like that. I was also hoping to make the trip down, but will not make any effort at all .....

http://www.darrenbeggcustoms.com

Vapor Blasting Services

Dealer for Wossner, Cometic, OHLINS, OZ Racing, Dymag, Marchesini, SUDCO, JB-Power, APE, Spiegler, Setrab, KOSO,
Brembo, Lightech, Speedcell, Racefit, Braketech, Ferodo Pads, Wood 
Captain
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

[/quote] After 5 months of emails and voice messages, and then finally having someone contact him in the dying hours and commit to delivering the documentation he required within 24 hrs to make his deadline for import, but then still not come through, I'd say it's a waste of effort. Not sure how anyone can run an organization like that. I was also hoping to make the trip down, but will not make any effort at all .....[/quote]

Couldn't have summed it up any better.........
However our true cut-off was actually early June and "BEFORE" we left for Europe but I extended repeatedly until all practical logistical options were extinguished . That absolute final point to have received the required documentation requested occurred at 8AM Friday 26th July NZ time.

Captain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic