\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 74,021,846
  • Today: 18,029
Server InfoServer Info
  • May 18, 2024
  • 06:20 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
FLYPIG
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

My CB1100F is fully stock, but previous owners have touched up black parts with what appears to be thick enamel and a whisk broom. So, little by little I am cleaning this up and either polishing or spray painting the parts.

The handlebars did not escape Mr. Whisk Broom. However, I am not a fan of the Honda adjustable bars and am thinking of replacing them with a real set, black in color of course. I see Randakk's sells both a "European" style bar, as well as a Superbike bar. I used the Superbike on my CB900F and liked the riding position. Can anyone tell me how they liked the European style? Even at my advanced age (sixty-eight) I am used to riding sportbikes and sport-tourers. I did a Three Flags on an original Ninja ZX900.

Of course I would not throw away the OEM bars and keep them in the event I sell the bike. But, I was wondering what anyone on the Forum has to say about using a standard bar.

Thanks.

Lindy
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

I just ordered a set of Renthal aluminum superbike bars, I havent got them yet but maybe by the end of the week I will be able to give you some feedback

smurdoch
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

A great deal on lower bars and controls from Cary.
http://www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=87165&highlight=cb400f+handlebars

Some more info in this thread including mentioning top exiting throttle cables.
http://www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=86085&highlight=cb400f+handlebars

Donn
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am using the European clip-on bars at the moment.
I find the comfort and handling with these good. Like All-around good.
Used in combination with the rear set type foot pegs.
It Feels a bit like a motocross bar to me. I would not want to go higher than these bars.

The only ones i can compare with are some tomaselli clip onīs. That came with the bike. These are very low.
For me They are much less comfortable compared to the others, but they are are little different and fun to use from time to time, i donīt like them for normal riding.

The ones i use at the moment and like a lot. I think they would compare to the feel of the superbike bar.

Last edited by Donn on Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total 
tomk1960
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have super bike bars on both of my resto-mods. The combination of those and rearsets makes both bikes very comfortable to ride for long periods of time. They also look very sporty. EMGO makes a nice superbike bar that is very reasonably priced. You'll have to drill clocking holes for the controls, but that's not difficult to do.

CB1100F's - multiple flavors 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
BlueThunder
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This may sound silly.... how about bars that you find comfortable?

1977 GL1000 - Ox 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic