\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 72,899,467
  • Today: 1,330
Server InfoServer Info
  • Mar 29, 2024
  • 02:14 am PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
pn27416
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a following for these as there is for our bikes? Guy that does work at my house that i have known for years is asking $900 for a running on the road 1986 VF500F.
Says the best offer he got was for half that and I was thinking his price was fair, although I have to see it? I might be interested.

djf18374
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If the Interceptors are in perfect condition or near to it with all original bodywork...they can fetch some cash for sure. But if the paint and decals are faded, scratched up, or bodywork is dented or cracked they decrease exponentially in value. That's what I have seen with any fairing equipped vintage bike though, so nothing out of the ordinary. The little Interceptor is not as desirable as the bigger 750's and 1000's but it could still be worthy of $1500 if perfect (my opinion). They're overall a great package and will impress you with smooth power and great handling.
Data Point: I got my '84 1000 interceptor for $800, not running, dirty, but cosmetically excellent and all original. So a mechanical refresh and some $$ into the carbs and she's all good to go.

Walter
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

$900 sounds like a pretty fair price, depending on condition, for an on the road and running 500. If the best he's been offered is $450, then try $6-700.

If you don't want it, have him bring it to the Martin Moto Modern Classic Ride-In tomowwow (9/16) in Boyertown Pa.- 20 miles from Coopersburg.

tomk1960
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, there's a following for the original V4 Interceptors. Here's a link for the VFR Discussion Group's "Earlier VFRs" forum. I get the impression that the VF500 is still popular with the V4 enthusiasts.

I have an '84 VF1000F and an '86 VFR750F. They're cool bikes that handle much better than a stock F. As already mentioned, power delivery is smooth. The VF1000F feels like it just want to go and go, no matter how fast you get it up to. Just ask Eric (aka Sachelrhymes) here, who rode it for 2 days at the fall NE ride last week and broke 130mph.

From a comfort standpoint, I like my 1100F's better, but that's just my preference. I plan to sell my VF1000 but will hang onto the VFR at least until I finish it.

You didn't mention if the bike for sale had bodywork in good original condition. If it's all there and still in decent shape with the original paint and decals, that means a lot. Also, the original black chrome exhaust is more desirable. If the answer is yes to both questions, then the bike is worth the asking price.

Let us know if you buy it and if you do, post a picture or two. We don't discriminate against non-F's. Wink

CB1100F's - multiple flavors 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bee-jay
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

do some research on the 500. I think they were prone to engine failure and I believe there was some kinda warranty buy back thing going on.

Walter
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

bee-jay wrote:
do some research on the 500. I think they were prone to engine failure and I believe there was some kinda warranty buy back thing going on.

Whilel that was true, Honda had an engine replacement program while the vast majority (granted, not a large number in Honda terms) were still in the warehouse, not with customers. Anyone who bought one before that happened (and it was pretty early) could get a replacement. So, the odds are if the bike runs ok, there would be no issue. Cycle Magazine (RIP) had the story on it when it happened- they had a very early one and did have a failure.

pn27416
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info guys. His plan was to bring it to Martins but now can't make it. I'll get a picture and post.
My brother had an early one and did get a complete new engine from Honda. He was a mechanic at a Honda dealership and got paid to do the job to his own bike. The night before we had a blast trying to blow that motor up and could not do it.

DonR
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

pn27416 wrote:
Is there a following for these as there is for our bikes?

Sure is. My current project actually.

tomk1960
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DonR wrote:
pn27416 wrote:
Is there a following for these as there is for our bikes?

Sure is. My current project actually.

Looking good Don. Are all those parts refinished?

CB1100F's - multiple flavors 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DonR
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No Tom, that picture was taken just after disassembly and during cleaning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic