\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,250,962
  • Today: 14,310
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 17, 2024
  • 08:24 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
SuperSportCB750F
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

13 years ago, I started my riding career by buying a used 1979 CB750F on ebay for 898.00. It came from Wisconsin with a whole slew of problems from carbs to charging system to the title itself. But I loved it. I rode it everywhere. I got my first job at a motorcycle dealership because of it. I taught all of my friends how to ride on it. I learned to wrench, fix, repair, and jimmy rig just to get by. Unfortunately, life happens and after I was laid off from work in 2008 I had to sell it to meet ends meet. The bike was broken down because I was in the middle of doing a 836 big bore kit an 1100F cams. I sold it, as is, to a dealership who specialized in that kind of thing in St Augustine.

I am hoping to find my old bike. Or at least the frame. Luckily I was active on this forum back then and I found a post with my VIN info. It is as follows:

Frame VIN: RC04-2005917
Engine #: RC04-2006104
Title: Wisconsin CB750FE2006104

The dealership I sold it to closed a long time ago and have no idea how to contact anyone who would know what they did with it. I am hoping with the luck of the internet and the kindness of the strangers on this site that I might be able to locate my old bike. If you have it, I would be interested in buying it from you. Or if you see it somewhere (ebay, craigslist, swap meet, etc.) please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hondo57
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You can run a registration search through the Secretary of State that will show if it has been plated

Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I attempted to do the motor vehicle check on the Florida DMV website but none of the numbers came back.

When I sold it, it was still under the Wisconsin VIN. Maybe it staill hasn't been titled in Florida?

Also I noticed the VIN on the frame is a weird format. Would the state use that (RC04-2005917) or would they issue a 17 digit vin that all vehicles use now? The Vin on the Wisconsin title wasn't the number from the frame or the engine either, it looks like they just made up a VIN

hondaron
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The 17 Digit Vin's did not start until 1981, so your 11 digit Vin number from the frame is correct for a 1979 CB750F

SuperSportCB750F
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I decided to do a national vin search, Carfax found nothing, probably because its a bike. However Insta VIN found something under the the Wisconsin title VIN and under the engine number.

Has anyone used InstaVin before? Its $7 for a report so I don't mind buying both I just want to make sure its legit. Are their any other ideas you might have to find information on my bike?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic