\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 72,897,336
  • Today: 14,129
Server InfoServer Info
  • Mar 28, 2024
  • 10:50 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
tomk1960
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, that's how I describe this titled 1100F that I just picked up on the cheap.

Yes, it's VERY ugly. It has a face that only a mother could love - in this case, the "mother" was whoever spray bombed it red. Gotta love that painted windshield!

The goods: the price, the motor, (turns over) and 80 of what I'll need to build Resto-Mod II.
The bads: Various missing bits and pieces, silver frame, and overall very ugly appearance.

The motor will be coming out very shortly and will go out for rebuilding. That will be a no-rush job while I accumulate the parts I need. It will get the JJam CBR600RR swingarm treatment and some variant of F2 or F3 forks, wheels, and brakes. Maybe something even newer would be nice for a change, and I have plenty of time to figure it all out. Maybe this will be a candidate for CR carbs since the airbox is already missing.

It will mostly look like an F again, but will have some nice modern features and upgrades for sure. Can't wait to dig into this one!

CB1100F's - multiple flavors 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tony-B
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Very "nice" Smile

Looking forward to the build!

JJam
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's not that ugly Tom. I have seen MUCH worse.

Maybe you want some JES BUILT: rearsets, Frame brace kit, Front caliper extended hangers for 320mm discs, weld on modern passenger pegs that double as a mount for the muffler, etc.etc. The list goes on and increases daily.

Have fun with the build and as usual. Give a call or email if you have any questions.

Peace, Jim

ryanc
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats on the score! Looks like a great start.

CDN1100F
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Another project Tom? It amazes me what some people do to these bikes, they were such a good looking bike right off the showroom floor. I guess there is no accounting for some people's taste!!
I'm looking forward to your build on this bike, should be good entertainment over the winter months!

Cheers!
Chris

SEBSPEED
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 600RR arm for sale still...

tomk1960
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SEBSPEED wrote:
I have a 600RR arm for sale still...

Text me a pic. I need the whole assembly (~2007 model or newer) including the shock and can use the chain guard and hugger as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Hondo57
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wish you the best with the project Tom!

Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Disassembly has been interesting. Lots of hokey things were done with this one to keep it together. The plastic fuse cover tabs were broken as to be expected, so the PO had Velcro underneath holding it on. In several areas, I found bolts with slotted heads instead of the original hex heads. In other cases, bolts were completely missing. The "arm" on the center stand was broken (or cut?) off. No worries there since it will be removed for the CBR center stand.

The non-OEM turn signals up front were spliced on with crimp-ons and held in place with screws. Fortunately the original turn signal mounts are still there. The harness has been hacked up and is stiff as all heck. Lots of electrical tape was used to hold various things together or cover up hacked wires. No worries there either, since I will replace it with one of PGSmick's custom harnesses.

The bike is mostly apart now and the motor can will come out shortly. Then the frame can come down to the cellar for mockup and test fitting. In the meantime, I have to accumulate the parts I'll need for this build, so it will be going on hold for a while until I have what I need.

Some of the parts from this will end up for sale since they won't be needed for the build. The 1100F swingarm will be available in the near future in case anyone is interested. I'll probably powder coat it and install new bearings so that it will be like new again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic