\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,667,534
  • Today: 49,425
Server InfoServer Info
  • May 03, 2024
  • 12:38 am PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
tnbreeze
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I received my new Corbin gunfighter seat this weekend and it totally changed the feel of riding this bike. When I say new, it's new to me. But by all evidence, the seat was never used. I bought it for $180 shipped from a PA Craigslist post, on a tip from a member here. It came in the original box and didn't have a scratch on it. I'm super pleased with it. I had to wrestle with it a little to get the holes to line up with the rear fairing and everything though.

It sits quite a bit lower than the OEM seat, but with the super bike style handlebars I have, it has reduced the fatigue on my arms and elbows. With the original seat, my elbows were locked when riding in a normal upright position. It would force me to lean down in a crouched position in order to drop my elbows and get some relief. The other thing I notice is the bucket like shape of the seat puts less strain on the inner thighs. It feels so much better. But I have heard some complaints from my girlfriend that she can't ride on the back.

I also installed some reproduction signals on the bike over the holiday. They were a pain in the ass. Made by K&S I believe, they had to be modified in order to fit on the brackets I got. The rubber is of awful quality, crumbly and full of air bubbles. I found this out because I had to carve out some of the rubber to fit them. I cut the rear brackets down by 1.5" or so, because the original ones are so long. I drilled and re-tapped them. In the end, I made it all work and had a great ride the day after Christmas.

chico
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's not surprising that your GF isn't comfortable on that seat, it's really a solo saddle. What you need for two up riding is the Gunfighter and Lady version.

Chico

2000 Harley Fatboy
2005 Softail Deluxe
´07 Yamaha FZ traded
'17Triumph Tiger 800
'17 Triumph Bobber
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around 
tnbreeze
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Which is what I wanted. But this one came along and I couldn't pass it up. She'll just have to get her own bike. Twisted Evil

sachelrhymes
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great. Big difference. Also a fan of the shortened signals. I did something similar before I ultimately switched to cbr ones. Much better looking and I didn't walk into it anymore.
eric.

tnbreeze
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sachelrhymes wrote:
Looks great. Big difference. Also a fan of the shortened signals. I did something similar before I ultimately switched to cbr ones. Much better looking and I didn't walk into it anymore.
eric.

The signals took a bit of getting used to, being so large. But I feel a whole hell of a lot safer then I did with non-working ones. And that seat shape complements them well IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic