\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 72,896,496
  • Today: 13,289
Server InfoServer Info
  • Mar 28, 2024
  • 09:38 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
Izzy
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Late last year (Sep/Oct I think) I posted that I was getting married in April ... Fortunately that is not the scam, but for a honeymoon I booked a trip to Hawaii for a 7 day cruise that included 4 motorcycle excursions. This apparently has turned out to be a scam. The trip was booked through a travel agency web site I found ... http://hdmotorcycletours.com/tours/ "Ride Hawaii"
I gave them my credit card, DL, and other information they requested. By February I had not received ANY reservation or confirmations. After hounding them with phone calls and emails, they finally gave me what they called a cabin reservation which was then cancelled two days later. When I hounded them about that, they assured me that this happens when they book groups and that I would not get all the final confirmations until 30 days before departure. 30 days before departure was last Sunday. Yesterday still not having received any confirmations, I contacted my credit card company and am disputing all the charges. I don't know yet if I will get all or even any of my money back, but I am sure going to give them hell until I do.

My reason for posting this is not for sympathy but rather to inform and alert you all in case anyone you know is considering this outfit ... do yourself a favor, stay away from them.

Apparently the travel agency is owned and operated by a woman named Rupal Maritnez in Carson City, NV. Her name was listed for a few travel agencies including HD Motorcycle Tours, GoGo Worldwide Travel, and Discount Travel. Once I had her name, I searched google and found similar complaints from other people. What a frickin mess!!

toddk
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Izzy, congratulations on your wedding, everything will work out, don't let them get away.

Best regards,

Toddk

Izzy
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Todd. I know everything always works out. I suppose I'm mostly angry at myself as I had a gut feeling something wasn't right about this even back in December ... But I was just enchanted by the thought of riding in Hawaii and went against my better judgement.

pn27416
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My wife and I did our Hawaiian honeymoon with gogo tours, who look to possibly be the same as the gogo you mention. There is a warminster PA address. You anywhere near there, where you could drop in?

Izzy
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

pn27416 wrote:
My wife and I did our Hawaiian honeymoon with gogo tours, who look to possibly be the same as the gogo you mention. There is a warminster PA address. You anywhere near there, where you could drop in?

I am minutes away from Warminzter. Will look them up now. Thanks.

SteveG
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Go get 'em!!!

Congrats too!

Steve

Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations Izzy!

And all the best to you and your bride. I'm sure the trip itself will be great. Just don't let any aspect of it (like the apparent scam, that may not be after all) steal any of your joy. Six years ago, my wife and I honeymoon'd in Key Largo. One night we drove down the street for some Chinese. In the hotel room after our food we got to the fortune cookies. Mine said, "Stop searching forever, happiness is right next to you". It's laminated and taped to our kitchen cabinet. Make as many great experiences as you can and take lots of pics and video.

Dean

Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Federal Offense?

http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title9/crm00941.htm

Izzy
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

silversurfer1050 wrote:
Federal Offense?

I know I'm biased being the victim but I believe this is a federal offense. FWIW, I contacted the local FBI agency in Philly. The investigator I spoke to told me they simply do not have the manpower to follow up on something like this. She said unless the crimes totaled at least $50K, they do not investigate it. She directed me to a website where I can file my complaint so it is on record in case someone in the FBI searches for and finds my information useful.

While this may not actually be viable I wonder if there are any rules, regulations, or procedures for private investigations? What if I collected all the pertinent information to build a case? Who do I then take it to?

Shawn_Mc
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy wrote:
silversurfer1050 wrote:
Federal Offense?

I know I'm biased being the victim but I believe this is a federal offense. FWIW, I contacted the local FBI agency in Philly. The investigator I spoke to told me they simply do not have the manpower to follow up on something like this. She said unless the crimes totaled at least $50K, they do not investigate it. She directed me to a website where I can file my complaint so it is on record in case someone in the FBI searches for and finds my information useful.

While this may not actually be viable I wonder if there are any rules, regulations, or procedures for private investigations? What if I collected all the pertinent information to build a case? Who do I then take it to?

I think the problem might be the jurisdiction. Because its a fraud over state lines, it falls into the bucket of the FBI. The problem seems to be the the FBI arent interested in frying this particular fish because its too small. You may be able gain some attention by putting together a number of people that have been defrauded, how you'd actually do that is tough. The FBI loves that wire fraud stuff, but if its not enough money...what do you do?

Figuring that your case is average, how many of you would it take to breach 50K?

Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea how it can be done but some years ago a bloke bought a bike from a supplier in India that was a dodgy seller but he had a web site. The buyer who had paid for the bike and hadn't recieved it, set up his own web page titled "Madan Motors is a Thief" so anytime anybody googled Madan Motors they also got the site to look at. After some time they agreed to refund his money if he took the web page down. He did, money refunded and he put the web page straight back up again. I think it is still there to this day

Izzy
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

norm wrote:
I have no idea how it can be done but some years ago a bloke bought a bike from a supplier in India that was a dodgy seller but he had a web site. The buyer who had paid for the bike and hadn't recieved it, set up his own web page titled "Madan Motors is a Thief" so anytime anybody googled Madan Motors they also got the site to look at. After some time they agreed to refund his money if he took the web page down. He did, money refunded and he put the web page straight back up again. I think it is still there to this day

Thats funny, and I am considering putting up a blog page that will contain header/meta data that would allow it to come up in a google search appropriate to this travel agent. I'll post the link if and when I do that.

Izzy
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I did post a blog page about my experience. It is a work in progress but if you are interested have a look ... http://www.hdmotorcycletoursscam.com/

pn27416
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea on the blog Izzy! Norm, love your story as well. Stick it to these crooks.
Maybe try a collection agency? We have at work once in a while and some of them get pretty tough and pesty while keeping it legal.

Izzy
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As of last Friday, I got all my credits back! I was getting quite concerned, but Friday I looked at my account and to my amazement there were all the credits.

Phew! What a relief!!

cbxdog
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy wrote:
As of last Friday, I got all my credits back! I was getting quite concerned, but Friday I looked at my account and to my amazement there were all the credits.

Phew! What a relief!!

Good for you Iz,, glad it worked out

1980 CBX
1983 CB1100F
1980 CB1100RB Replica SC05 engine
1982 CB1100RC
1982 CB1100RC - basket case
1970 HD FLH
1976 HD FX
1983 HD FXRT
1988 FX 85th anniversary
1970 AMC Javelin
1982 AMC Spirit 360 5 speed 
sillygoose
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Now you can enjoy your honeymoon a little better, glad it worked out for you. Hope you find a nice bike rental in HI.

deandeib
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Congtatz Izzy! Glad it worked out and a good lesson and advice for any of of us other potential victims of asshole scam artists. Guess your web post was effective. Now go and enjoy.

CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Glad it worked out for you! Very Happy

PGSmick
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy wrote:

Phew! What a relief!!

I'm happy you got your end back (except for the anguish, of course). While I have no particular sympathy for the credit card company, I wonder if they ate the charges or whether the purveyor is feeling the sting?

Gadgets: Fixed By Smicks 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic