\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,575,644
  • Today: 30,811
Server InfoServer Info
  • May 01, 2024
  • 10:35 am PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
cheetahwins
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was looking for a RC30 front sprocket and looked in the Dennis Kirk catalog and they do not even list the bike
in the sprocket section.
So I called the US suppler of JT sprockets directly to ask where a dealer is, she told me that none of these sprockets have ever been
sold. So because of that I would be able to buy them directly from them.
She told me to email another person to inquiry about the price.
I asked How much and how many could I buy.

So would anyone be interested in buying any depending on cost?

David

here are the specs
I am not sure if it does have all them holes drilled in it or not.

Andy
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

The RC30 front sprocket you have shown is a good ‘off the shelf’ option, this is definitely the one sprocket with the greatest offset that is easily available (at least in Australia, where we had plenty of RC30’s sold, even as road bikes) with one proviso – you need a 525 rear sprocket. I have chosen this option for the bike in my sig.
Now here’s the kicker – try and find a rear sprocket to match!
I obviously run a 5.5” GSXR rear wheel so I was looking for a match for that stud pattern, but none were to be found. My solution was to have the front sprocket (and I bought 6 of them for $5 each – they were having a clearance sale) machined down to accept a 520 chain as sprockets were easily obtained in various sizes for the 520 chain size.

The other option for a front sprocket is one from a 1981 / 1982 CBX1000 (the single shock one) as these also run offset front sprockets that fir our output shafts. These are 530 size and are 18 tooth, they also give enough clearance for a 5.5 wheel (I know this as it’s what I’m running at the moment). I have a comparison photo in this thread
http://www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10095

So why the change? I wanted to change the gearing on my bike a little, and a reduction in chain width will also give greater chain to tyre clearance, perhaps it’s time for a 190 rear Twisted Evil

cheetahwins
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

But isn't the only difference between a 525 and a 530 chain is the width and thats .063" or 1.6mm which is not that much to make a difference if you run a 530 chain.
I am putting 05 GSX600 katana wheels on my bike.
the hub is a bit wider so I have to flip the rear sprocket and get a off set sprocket.
The CBX will work and will get me to within .030-.040 inside of center where the RC30 will get me to .030-.040 of outside of center. And if it has those holes drilled in it, it looks cool.

Here is how it's looking so far.

Andy
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fair call on running the 530 chain, I know that flat trackers can run a front sprocket one size (width wise) so that they can run the back wheel pointing off in one direction and the chains don’t come off of them ..
I realise that might be a weird comment, but what I’m getting at is that a 530 chain on a 525 sprocket will have more sideplay that a chain of the same size ...

Might not matter that much though ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic