\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 30,247,304
  • Today: 19,884
Server InfoServer Info
  • Feb 17, 2020
  • 05:47 pm PST

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
solman
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

It is nice to see the bike completed after a bit over 5 years. I have made a few changes to better the bike since the accident to make it less prone to problems. I removed the VF front forks and wheel and went with an 18" CB1100F front wheel. I went back to the 900 forks and added a steering damper. I would still like to add a fork brace whenever I can find one. I would once again like to thank all who supported me during my recovery times and the help in acquiring parts to put the 900 back on the road. Here are some pics from then to now.

This is a front shot of the bike after the accident. It apparently flipped with me on it.

This was taken during the frame swap. I found the rear part of the frame tweak and decided it was safer to scrap it and replace the frame.

This was taken about a year after the accident. It was starting to come together.

Here is a shot after installing the painted bodywork and as it sits now.

I got a temp tag on it right now and will try to smog it soon for registration. I am hoping to take it out to California some time to meet up with some of the guys for a F ride.

Rat
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats, its been a long road but you 'done good'.

Gord

Elbee
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet.

Please do show how the new damper is mounted, what kind is it and where did you get it. It would be nice to hear your impressions of the bike's behaviour with and without the damper.

All the best and enjoy the rest of the season.

solman
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Elbee wrote:
Sweet.

Please do show how the new damper is mounted, what kind is it and where did you get it. It would be nice to hear your impressions of the bike's behaviour with and without the damper.

All the best and enjoy the rest of the season.

I will try to get a pic when possible. As far as where I got it, it was right under your nose. http://www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=50056

As far as enjoy the rest of the season, it doesn't really end here in Arizona. Thanks

solman
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

It took me a bit to figure out the method and placement of the steering damper. Regardless, I figured out a placement that gave me both full movement and clearance. I just wished that I could've mounted a similar small one like this on my Bandit.

urhere
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice job--clean and workman-like. I've always like the simplicity of the lines on these bikes and your rebuild seems to emphasize them.
Jim

solman
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. Update, I finally got some decent mirrors for the bike. I installed Renthal aluminum bars and wanted to install bar end mirrors. I didn't think I could install them due the inner thickness, but I found out that you can do so. There is an outer sleeve that comes off and it fits great after that. Looks so much better and works great. Also whenever possible, I will get the exhausted powdercoated as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic