\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,262,127
  • Today: 8,527
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 18, 2024
  • 10:16 am PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
Ratfink
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dang. Looks like I am finally used to the power on my bike. I am hitting the wall for power on rides now. Never thought that would happen.

Time to step it up a notch. Ran out of gear on I-10 the other night. Like 4 times. Rolling Eyes
I was in that mood of, I can die tonight and it would not be a bad thing. But now I find myself to be used to the power and able to predict it and control it. That could ba a bad thing. But now I want more.
There is a monster inside of me and it is feeding off of the power.

Here are the facts.
If you know me, then you know that I ahve been trying to move to Florida for longer than I care to mention. I planned on being at the hoot in not too many days and that is not happening.
I think I am going to attend a flight school here in AZ so My funds are in good shape right now.

Thinking about a newwer honda to go with the old girl.

Or I am going to need to find myself an 1100 engine soon, with a wiseco kit.

Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
eatpasta
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

youll run out of power on that one too..... probably not on the streets but... freeways yes Razz

zman
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

You will get used to the power ...And you will max it out sooner or later. Arizona is a great place to push it to the limits..minus the law enforcements that may be present. But you dont want to go from Arizona to Florida. Believe me..Its a nice place to visit but nowhere you want to stay, If your used to the dry climate of the west. ..OK..dont believe me and go..You`ll see.

PsycoDiver69
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

go out about buy yourself a turbo 'Busa, you shouldn't get used to that power for a long time

Ratfink
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

PsycoDiver69 wrote:
go out about buy yourself a turbo 'Busa, you shouldn't get used to that power for a long time

Wow. First of all, welcome to the site. I have been out for a while.
I already like you.

So where do I get myself a turbo 'busa? Can I get one for around $4,000? lol

And how do you like that 442?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Squatch71
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fink, is it power your running out of or speed...if its speed can't you change gearing in the front or at the wheel???? new carbs?!?!

Court1100F
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He'd have to get FCRs cause hes already gotta calibrated set of CR Specials as it is Wink

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Ratfink
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I got a nice working set or CR specials. I can't get a set of FCR's for a 750F.
So The next step fpr me is a complete tear downa nd rebuild of a super F. I will save up and buy the parts when I can, and once I have everything I think I need I will have at it.
Not sure I can stand the down time though.
But if I had a second bike that would help. Wink

And yeah. I am running our of power. Power can determin speed. And I am not sure changing my gearing would do anything to add to the top speed. Cause the motor is doing everything it can to reach where it does now.

I just want to have a monster at my control. Twisted Evil

It is the best desease. Being power hungry.

But they say Absolute power corrupts absolutly. But it sure is fun!!! Twisted Evil
I like being corrupted.

Squatch71
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"Absolute power corrupts absolutly" a song written by Powermad

I understand the power need. Would love to put a 1025 kit in mine...maybe someday, with FCR's. a 1100 motor will fit in your frame right??? purchase a 1100 and then dink with that one till you get it done...then one weekend, swap them out. Sell your 750 motor and there you go.

littleal
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same problem needed more power so i bought a suzi gsxr1000 & then things got serious, i don't think my brain can keep up with it (SCARY) Confused

PsycoDiver69
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ratfink wrote:
PsycoDiver69 wrote:

Wow. First of all, welcome to the site. I have been out for a while.
I already like you.

So where do I get myself a turbo 'busa? Can I get one for around $4,000? lol

And how do you like that 442?

I've been at this site off and on for a while, I'm mainly here to collect to knowledge I need to put my bike back together, How to get a turbo busa is another problem, maybe you'll get lucky and find a wife thats pissed at her husband about his motorcycle obsession.

I love my 442, but I'm in the same spot you are, I need more power. I'm going to swap a new set of better flowing heads, bump up the compression and port match the intake to the heads and switch to a bigger carb and then with some tuning I will hopefully be able to scare myself again. I just need to get my bike back together cause these gas prices are starting to hurt

CB900SS
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah power is great and I definitly need more with my 900 but I find myself trying to learn to ride better and take some serious turns. Going in a straight line is great and I love the 1/4 mile, but learning how to lay the bike over is way more auxilerating! I am almost to the edge of the tire on the right side, but my left side still needs some more work. I gotta tell you last night I flew around a few turns and my heart got beating more then ever blasting through the gears in a straight line. But the problem with learning to take turns fast is you risk crashing more then going straight.

And I miss my 1972 442 with the 455 and muncie. It ran 11.90's on the 1/4 then I broke the cam into 3 pieces.

Tennessee_Budd
Black CB900F
Black CB900F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

'Fink, I hear there's a 'busa up north might be for sale. Previously owned by a football player. Only ridden to & from games & wrecks--well, okay, not the "from" part. TB

LurkerXX
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

Location: Up ahead and through the next corner on any given road in SWVA...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ratfink wrote:

So where do I get myself a turbo 'busa? Can I get one for around $4,000?

I believe there will be one for sale near Pittsburgh soon...the guys name is Roethlisberger or something like that. Twisted Evil You might get it for a bit less than $4K even.... Laughing

LurkerXX
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

Location: Up ahead and through the next corner on any given road in SWVA...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

roflmao At least TB is as warped as I am....and quick too.... roflmao roflmao

firestorm
Twinstar
Twinstar

Location: Nottingham rd in the midlands of Kwa Zulu NatalSouth Africa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

MMMMMM......I stuck a wiseco 1123 kit in my blue 1100, then removed the 42 tooth sprocket and replaced it with a 48 tooth.....Lost some top end but shit the power is unreal. Still have to replace the old CV carbs.....Bike is starting to edge towards a street fighter than a R. Rear swing arm with mono shock is next....mods to the rear fender and a four into 2 coming out above the rear wheel just below the fender........WHY....Because I can beerchug

Squatch71
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Pics firestorm pics...even if they are just of the bike torn apart.....

Matt at PSB
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Jason, can you wind the tach past 10,200 RPM in fifth gear under normal load at WFO? If so go back to a stock sized rear sprocket & repeat this test. If it still winds past 10,200 RPM under load in fifth go with a one tooth larger C/S (front) sprocket than you have now. If you already have an 18t C/S sprocket than you cannot go larger there without difficulties so the only a smaller rear sprocket will help.

The ideal set up, IMHO, is to have a street sportbike that will pull to but not beyond redline in fifth/highest gear. This gives the best acceleration/top end speed trade off ratio. Remembering that redline is about a 1,000 RPM or more past the engine's power peak and well along the down hill side of the power delivery curve.

This will add considerable speed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic