\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 41,484,509
  • Today: 38,951
Server InfoServer Info
  • Oct 24, 2020
  • 10:47 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
PORT
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have been looking for a "nice" CB1100Rc for some time now with no luck. Does anybody know of one located in the Northeast. It seems all of the "original" bikes are still out of the states. There was one on e-bay a little while back, but the frame, wheels and some other parts didn't match. I checked the other cb sites, but with no luck

Help Cool

stoutblock
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

there is a really nice RD on ebay now from down under

pontiacstogo
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

..and an 1100RB from down-under too (depending on your budget);
http://www.cb1100r.com/

Squatch71
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Not to hijack the thread....but what's the difference between a RD, RC, RB and our F bikes?? Engine looks same, some differences but a lot more same same...

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Squatch71 wrote:
Not to hijack the thread....but what's the difference between a RD, RC, RB and our F bikes?? Engine looks same, some differences but a lot more same same...

Frame is a solid unit (not with detatchable side bar) and mounting points are a bit different.

Engine produces a few more horses from racier cam profiles and pistons and a l'il bit of internal rubbings. Engine covers are different which is why Ray seems to want to have them all himself.

Brake discs are different but calipers are the same, forks are the same as the F but shockers are very different.

And of course the bodywork.

When you ride an F and then throw your leg over an R straight away, the R feels much, much tighter and more responsive in handling, but I have to say I didn't see a whole lot of difference in top speed save the Rs fairing made it much more comfortable.

Hope that helps?

Laughing

Irimajiri
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

calipars not same from RCD to F. For R there is wider accommidation of composite rotor disc.

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Irimajiri wrote:
calipars not same from RCD to F. For R there is wider accommidation of composite rotor disc.

I stand corrected - thanks Irimajiri!

Very Happy

fasterspider
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Andylarkin wrote:
Engine covers are different which is why Ray seems to want to have them all himself.

All I want is an R tank and one more R altinator, I do not want all of of them.
I think I would be more than happy with one R tank and two R altinators. That aint much to ask. I want another 11F tank from Europe too.

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

fasterspider wrote:
Andylarkin wrote:
Engine covers are different which is why Ray seems to want to have them all himself.

I think I would be more than happy with one R tank and two R altinators. That aint much to ask. I want another 11F tank from Europe too.

What ya thinking of doing to overcome the problem where the side panels don't meet up with the tank Ray?

Seen a few where its been done very well and a lot where its been horribly crudely done. There is a problem with the seat not meeting at the correct point too - if you ever need any high res comparison pics just give me a shout and I'll nip round and take a few for you.

What sort of price you prepared to pay for a tank Ray, I'll keep my eye open for you?

Laughing

fasterspider
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Andylarkin wrote:
fasterspider wrote:
Andylarkin wrote:

What ya thinking of doing to overcome the problem where the side panels don't meet up with the tank Ray?

Seen a few where its been done very well and a lot where its been horribly crudely done. There is a problem with the seat not meeting at the correct point too - if you ever need any high res comparison pics just give me a shout and I'll nip round and take a few for you.

What sort of price you prepared to pay for a tank Ray, I'll keep my eye open for you?

Laughing

I am a few days away from being able to afford a tank that I do not really need.
But when the time is right I will have an R tank and I will do what ever is nessesary to make it fit right.

PORT
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alright I finally accepted the fact the only place to get these bikes is from somewhere in Europe. How do you go about it?
I contacted some clubs, but to no avail. If you use the European e-bay how do you know what your getting? How much would it cost to ship?
I assume it also has to go through customs (Is that going to kill me?) and finally when it does arrive will I be able to register it or is that another pain. Is there companies/people that do this type of work. You contact them what type of bike your looking for and they take care of all of the paperwork/bulls#$t ? Question

Squatch71
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I would say yes there is a company that will handle the "booking" for you. We deal with granite sinks quite a bit over seas..I stopped dealing with the manufacture and started dealing with a wholesale group in CA...alot easier with customs and its a pain..let the people that do it everyday deal with it...costs but its easier on you...ever watch the stock market on a minute by minute basis...same thing...will drive you nuts...your product is sitting at the dock..you can go see the container on the dock..but you can't open it..cause some nuckle head didn't do his paper work on some computers so the whole crate has to sit....

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

PORT wrote:
Alright I finally accepted the fact the only place to get these bikes is from somewhere in Europe. How do you go about it?
I contacted some clubs, but to no avail. If you use the European e-bay how do you know what your getting? How much would it cost to ship?
I assume it also has to go through customs (Is that going to kill me?) and finally when it does arrive will I be able to register it or is that another pain. Is there companies/people that do this type of work. You contact them what type of bike your looking for and they take care of all of the paperwork/bulls#$t ? Question

Port,

The problem you will have is that the R is pretty scarce over here in Europe and any that come available in the sort of condition you are looking for tend to circulate throught the existing owners network. A lot of the guys in the R Owners Club have at least 2 (one bloke has 6 another has 5) and they tend to get first dibs on them.

That one in Oz looks real nice and would be where I headed first. I'll havea poke around this side of the pond but I wouldn't hold your breath.

There are occasionally wrecks available but with the parts being made of unobtainable you're facing an uphill battle to rebuild one. The price for the RC with silver comstars and blacked out covers was way over the top for one that will need gold comstars putting in - these are soooooooo rare in good condition (albeit a Euro VF750 rear wheel is visually identical but needs the rotor to go with it).

All I can say is good luck matey

Shocked

stoutblock
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

this is the one I would get:

http://cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=16651

Very nice! Not much time left...

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

stoutblock wrote:

Thats the one for me too

CowTownBiomed
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

stoutblock wrote:

Why is that?
Whats special about a RD?
Forgive me I know squat about R's

GrimeyUK
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you do ship the bike across the pond beware of potential registration problems. An ex boss of mine was located in France for work and bought a UK registered BMW K1100RS which he liked so much he shipped it back to the US when he returned home. He then spent a year trying to get it registered, failing to do so because this bike wasn't on the list of bikes approved for emissions. He lives in California so it might be different elsewhere but be warned!

He ended up shipping it all the way back to the UK to sell it. I ended up buying it off him cheap because he got desperate and the funny thing is, the bike when I got it had done more mileage in the air than on the road - less than 7K miles.

Grimey

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

CowTownBiomed wrote:
stoutblock wrote:

Why is that?
Whats special about a RD?
Forgive me I know squat about R's

The only thing special about this one is that it is the best available at a realsitic price - that lovely RB1 (the naked one that Ponti highlighted) is a beaut but way too expensive.

stoutblock
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

andy...go for it!

I'll come by and visit.

Irimajiri
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Artisan of fiberglassing in Sydney will prepare R fuel tank for fitment to F chassis. I have seen this one before on F brought for repatriation from Austrailia and production is creditable. As much that weld and spatter from original tank is rendered in the resin. Fuel entry mouth from XL250 is grafted to accept R fuel cap. Special bulging for RB1 is also simulated (but I think this is accidental from moldment of original tank).

PORT
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

The reserve on the CB1100RD on e-bay is $15,000 U.S., that is a lot of dollars especially if you have to ship it to New York.
That bike will go to some collector that will just look at it and not enjoy riding it.

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

PORT wrote:
The reserve on the CB1100RD on e-bay is $15,000 U.S., that is a lot of dollars especially if you have to ship it to New York.
That bike will go to some collector that will just look at it and not enjoy riding it.

Port,

I can only talk on behalf of the guys in the UK, but every single one over here gets ridden regularly. We have regular track day meets and the last one at Mallory Park had 13 turn up including three guys from Holland. I think the same applies to the Swedish Club and the German club and certainly the Dutch club. For some reason these bikes just need to be ridden and I don't know of many that spend their time under dust sheets - they're just too much fun,

Its a lot of dough for a 20+ year old machine, but thats market forces for you i guess. Good luck with your hunting.

Very Happy

I've uploaded a pic of the meet so you can see them but as I'm on a Mac I can't actually load the pic so here's the link and hopefully some PC user can dothe honours for me.

http://www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=5412&fullsize=1

stoutblock
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

cb1187
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Did anyone see the red & white Bimoto in the pic? They were also available with DOHC engines.

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

cb1187 wrote:
Did anyone see the red & white Bimoto in the pic? They were also available with DOHC engines.

That Bim is absolutely beautiful and so rare. This one was built specifically for the R engine but as they are externally identical to the F then an F engine would drop straight in. Did you ever get any stateside?

Here's a link to a more detailed pic (same applies as previous pic - if someone can paste it that would be cool)

Andy

Very Happy

http://www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=5433&fullsize=1

CowTownBiomed
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thats beautiful, I noticed it right away, the red wheels stand rigth out in that crowd.

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

CowTownBiomed wrote:
Thats beautiful, I noticed it right away, the red wheels stand rigth out in that crowd.

You should sit on the thing - damn is it small. Knees up near your chin riding position.

Shocked

stoutblock
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome! cobra pipe too...

Squatch71
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's a lot of F'in R's. When you F'ers get together at a gathering like that. You all line up to show support for the F bike??? Can't wait to go to one next year...hope wife gets time off....

is a sweet bike...

cb1187
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bimoto's were being imported by 2 MC dealers in the 80's and 90's. One was in Calif. and the other in NY. I remember the ads in Cycle News and in some of the other MC rags. I also remember the price was very high in those days. Ads for used Bimoto's pop up in Cycle News every so often.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic