\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 41,366,775
  • Today: 34,854
Server InfoServer Info
  • Oct 21, 2020
  • 11:43 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
urhere
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

At a recent bike show in my town I noticed that all of the machines had inspection sticker plates mounted on their bikes. I had always heard that in NY you have to put the sticker on the fork. A call to DMV today confirmed this. Any of you NY guys out there have your inspection sticker on a plate instead of the fork? Any hassles? I'm getting tired of working around the inspection sticker every time I do something to the front end.
Jim

TheFox
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know for sure, I would assume that the plate is no good as it is easy to move it from vehicle to vehicle. I am pretty sure you can also have the sticker on the the frame tube along the front of the engine. The previous owner of my bike had an old sticker there, but I have my new one on my fork.

fasterspider
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hated that inspection sticker on the slider of my Shadow back in the 80's and that bike blew up then I moved to California where they do not have motorcycle inspections or stickers anywhere but the license plate.

PORT
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

My 1100F has it on the front fork and my harley had it on the front leg of the frame, I never seen one on a license plate. There is just enough room for the little registration sticker on the N.Y. plate.

Weekend_Junkie
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

new jersey has the sticker on the plate now. but that's if you get it inspected...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
D-Day
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

My bike came with a metal plate mounted with one of the left front caliper bolts. I tried asking the DMV and my local dealer and got about 5 different answers. So, I just put the sticker on the metal plate and so far so good. I've been told that the LEOs around here don't even look at it unless you're being an a$$hole and they really want to write you up. Who knows......

urhere
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

D-Day wrote:
My bike came with a metal plate mounted with one of the left front caliper bolts. I tried asking the DMV and my local dealer and got about 5 different answers. So, I just put the sticker on the metal plate and so far so good. I've been told that the LEOs around here don't even look at it unless you're being an a$$hole and they really want to write you up. Who knows......

Sounds like a plan. I have to pick up a replacement sticker next week so I'll put it on a plate and see what happens.
Jim

D-Day
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UrHere wrote:
D-Day wrote:

Sounds like a plan. I have to pick up a replacement sticker next week so I'll put it on a plate and see what happens.
Jim

One thing to think of: My plate was a bit rusty so like any good redneck mechanic (though I'm originally a yankee), I got out the rattle can and sprayed it flat black. Well, the inspection stickers here at least are not solid and have several see-through areas and the colored areas aren't very opaque. So, when the 'clear' sticker when on the black plate it kind of disappears. I need a new inspection now and will paint the plate white instead. Might want to look over your sticker type and size before cutting/painting a plate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic