\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,270,697
  • Today: 17,097
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 18, 2024
  • 08:52 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
Melvis
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like I will be relocating (somewhat reluctantly to Salt Lake City, Ut in a few months. My wife just got a job there. Anyone on this board know much about the place? In particular, how is the riding, both on and off road? I will be leaving an area with quick access to some of the greatest twisty roads (northern cal) and off road riding (Nevada and northern cal) in the world (my opinion anyway). Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Melvis

BluesMan
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Salt lake is "The Place" as Brigham Young once said as he entered the valley hundreds of years ago. There is a vast amount of twisty canyon roads frequented by motorcycle riders every day when the weather is nice. For the twisties I would recommend Big Cottonwood Canyon or it's neighbor Little Cottonwood which has wider roads but isn't as tight or fun. Then there is always Parleys Canyon which is I-80 for those 150 mph canyon runs up and down. These Canyon's are all easily accessed from anywhere in the city in less than 20 minutes. There are ofcourse a lot more canyon roads all along the wasatch front. There is plenty of off road riding. Whether it be open riding or tracks you can find that in the west part of the valley. There is also high mountain trails that reach near the top of some of the highest mountains around, with breathtaking views they're a great escape from everyday life. Thanks.

Jayson (jr. Bluesman)

Melvis
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. BluesMan,

Thanks for the information. Glad to see that I'm not headed to an area with no good twisties. Makes me a bit less reluctant to move.

Melvis

BluesMan
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Your welcome Melvis Smile I had my son post that for you since he lives there and likes motorcycles....I figured he could steer you in the right direction. Cool

I've been out there a few times and found that north of the city towards Idaho Falls the roads are nice and the scenery, to me is very nice. Same goes for I-15 south to scenic 89 South where the road winds next to a river and up over a small mountain range. I don't know the name but if you stay on 89 South it will take you (after hours of riding Laughing ) to the North rim of the Grand Canyon (via Alt 89)

Lake Powell, Bryce Canyon and the Kodachrome Basin are just a few of the places you can reach along the way. Take a camera if you do. Wink

TCS1100F
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I do live here.. best place I ever lived.. It is a four seasons playground!
Great riding, great mountains! You will be a half hour away from the best skiing in the world.
I have 2 1100's a CBX and a TL1000R here.. Ride as much as I can. Some hold Track days BIG parking lots on the west side.. I never attended at least yet..
Southern Utah is great riding in, over and through the mountains!
See me when you get here..

Ted S.
tcsmith@utah.gov

Melvis
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ted,

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like I'll be moving to a nice part of the world. It will probably be around three months before I relocate, but when I do I will look you up. Thanks for the offer.

Melvis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic