\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 43,206,717
  • Today: 37,108
Server InfoServer Info
  • Nov 27, 2020
  • 09:27 pm PST

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
cliffiec
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Now in my second year of retirement, splitting the year between the Lake House in Maine (summer, of course), and winters in New Mexico (a very mild winter, compared to Maine, LOL). The drive across the country has become a bit of an event of it's own, pulling an RV with the truck, and carrying a bike in the back of the truck, as well.

We left the Lake on Wed, at about 11AM, after having the house winterized against freezing, and stopped in Worcester, Ma to see Tom K, who had some parts for me (freshly rebuilt 1100F forks, a beautiful powdercoated 1100F swingarm, and a set of 1100F wheels for a future project...). After leaving Tom (Margaret says Thanks for the beer, man!), we went over to Springfield Mass, and due to a missed communication, we were not able to Camp at Westover AFB. Instead, we stayed in a Walmart parking lot, listening to adolescents revving their engines, and doing burnouts in the parking lot. Sleep came late, and didn't last long...

Thursday dawned a beautiful day, so we left the slab, and did some sightseeing in western Mass/Northern Ct, then worked our way into NJ, and spent the afternoon and evening with Margarets Family friends in Pompton Lakes NJ.

Friday started with rain, and we left NJ, drove through PA, Md, WV, and into Virginia. No campground had space for us, so we pulled in at a rest area in Fairfield Va, and listened to the trucks blast by on the interstate. MVPs of the evening were the earplugs we had.

Saturday was a beautiful day, and we found a spot at a beautiful campground in Crossville Tennessee (https://www.deerrunrvresort.com). It's a 200 acre property well away from the highway, with a lake for fishing, and full amenities for Campers.

Almost exactly halfway, planning to stop in Little Rock tomorrow, the Dallas (visiting old friends), then Amarillo (ish), then back to Rio Rancho.

1982 CB 900F (NE Bike)
1988 GL 1500

Silence is the best reply to a Fool!

Ever notice that people who think they know everything never shut up? 
Alt1
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a fun journey Rick. On your way back up to Maine next time, you should make a little detour up my way and take me up on my offer from several years back. Stay Safe!

PGSmick
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If your route takes you through Tulsa, wave hello to the three houses I lived in as a youngster. And wear your masks as I hear it's infected by something.

At what point will you offload the bike and ride the rest of the way? I'm honestly not sure how Margaret would react if you did.

Good luck, man
Pedro

Gadgets: Fixed By Smicks 
cliffiec
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ryan, I promise we'll be there to see you someday, unless you PCS before we can get there, LOL!

Pedro, Margaret says your scenario ain't happening, since the bike is buried amongst other sundry items, it will be the last thing out of the truck, buddy! Got your PM, will reply shortly, but glad for your good news!

Made it to North Little Rock today, and headed to Dallas tomorrow to visit with an old flying buddy...

1982 CB 900F (NE Bike)
1988 GL 1500

sachelrhymes
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

even with some crappy times it still sounds like a good time. enjoy. safe travels.

Eric.

cliffiec
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Made it safely to the Dallas area, no problem. Saw some interesting scenery, and a great visit with old friends!

1982 CB 900F (NE Bike)
1988 GL 1500

bobcat7
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you must have made it home by now.
sorry I missed you. Maybe next time.

cliffiec
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

bobcat7 wrote:
I guess you must have made it home by now.
sorry I missed you. Maybe next time.

Bob, yes, we got home about 3 weeks ago, and are now in Tucson, delivering furniture to a daughter in Cali. I expect we will stop in Dallas again, next year, and I will keep you posted, my friend!

1982 CB 900F (NE Bike)
1988 GL 1500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic