\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 43,340,319
  • Today: 1,272
Server InfoServer Info
  • Dec 01, 2020
  • 12:35 am PST

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
JTDCB9F
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Went to hop on the Goldwing for the annual multi-day trip with the buddies assembled at the house a couple of weeks ago and a dry lead / acid battery killed the mood as the starter button responded with a click; now replaced with an AGM type (no vent tube and completely sealed). With no other quick option and everyone standing around in riding gear, I pulled the cover off the '81 900F, fired it up and away we went. I flogged the bike over 600 miles for 3 days and it never skipped a beat; ran great on the interstate up to 85+mph (stupid US speedo) and had a blast. Longest trip its been on since I've had it and replaced everything that didn't work. I cant believe how awesome the bike rides and handles for being almost 40 years old. Thanks Soichiro, and to the forum members that have offered advice, etc! Couldn't have done it without this group.

robbo
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ha. Cool story.

It proves, once again, that a well-stocked stable is never a bad thing!

Fitter
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ya, as my bones age the F tends to get overlooked for the more comfortable V-Strom but when she is chosen she also reminds me what an awesome ride she is!

Glad you were able to keep up with the gang despite that American speedometer Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic