\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,261,244
  • Today: 7,644
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 18, 2024
  • 09:10 am PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
Hondo57
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Question for anyone who has been to Barber in the past and is going to the Vintage Races October 4th, 5th and 6th..

What is the best ticket to buy? There is General Admission and two upgrade levels beyond that for more money obviously.

The upgrades include better views of the track and the most expensive has a free buffet? If you have tried this out
or know if the upgraded view is worth it please let me know as I need to purchase a ticket.

I am also hoping to get a pit pass to see Vince Hyde bike close up. Is a Pit Pass required or do they sell them?

Thanks for any help

Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

My wife and I went two years ago and I found the base level to provide plenty to do. I'm not aware of all of the details of the different levels, but am also curious about the pit pass.

hondaron
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Greg, there is no bad ticket at Barber as you will see

It was on Janet and my bucket list 3 years ago, so this will be our 4th year in a row

Easy question on pit pass, anyone can get a pit pass you just ride the shuttle around to one of the stations, and sign a waiver to be allowed into the pits.

I guess the next question for you is do you plan on being there all 3 days ?
I'd recommend it lots to see and do.

Jeff Ray, Barber General Manager, sold us on the turn 9 membership 2 years ago, and I gotta say if you plan on being there all 3 days it's worth the cost.

Turn 9 membership includes breakfast and lunch, free poster, museum pass, 10% discount at the museum store, and access as they are bringing bikes out of the museum for parade laps.
You are at ground level as Wes Cooley is bringing a GS1000 out of the museum etc
It also allows you bridge access from Musuem across the track
Cost is $90 or $170 for 2 per year.

If you only went to this event and ate 2 meals a day it probably pays for itself
Not counting the free museum admission, that you obviously want to/ have to go to 😀

Not a Barber spokesperson, just gotta say it's been a great experience and we won't miss it again

Any specific questions call Jennifer Nelson 205-702-8713 or email jnelson@barbermuseum.org

YOLO You Only Live Once !!!!

Where else would the owner, George Barber ask you is everything OK and are you having a good time ?

Last edited by hondaron on Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Hondo57
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Perfect Ron..that is the description I was looking for. We will be there Thursday afternoon through Sunday and have a house rented. Hope to meet you there.

Thanks!!

Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cool deal Greg, looking forward to it Very Happy

Nunzio
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

My wife and I have been going for the last 6 years. We are with an Atlanta group I belong to and we camp in Lot B and basically have the largest encampment ever. Probably 20 plus sights together. We have a full cooking area, Bar and other activities. The 3 day pass is plenty, ACE corner is good once if its your first time.

Stop by an see me. Look for the Terminus Banner and a large white circus looking canopy. If you don't see me ask, anyone in the camp they'll know where I'm at.

There's plenty of food around the track and outside in the surrounding area as well. The Museum is a must, but you can spend most of the day in there. The swap meet area is nuts and last year they had to expand it to a second lot.

The Vendor area and Bike shows are great, Motorcycle Classics has a great show. VJMC is okay, but very clicky.

I'll be bringing my CB750F and HRC VF750F Interceptor. Or I may bring the CX500TC possibly.

You'll be amazed at the bikes surrounding the roads that people rode there its a show in itself. Enjoy

Hondo57
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

One last question for you Ronnie..
After talking to Barber I now understand that a Turn 9 pass is for the museum only. Should I purchase an additional Race Pass or is turn 9 good enough to see it all? Can I take a walk through the pits with a Turn 9 pass? Also, should I get the up close parking? 3 questions .. thanks!

Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I should have clarified...........

Turn 9 pass allows you access to Museum, bridge, food etc, but you still would need a general admission or other ticket as you have to have a wristband to enter the facility

If you are on a motorcycle I'd say parking is NOT an issue, if you are coming in car/truck I'd pay for the upgraded parking, otherwise you have to park across the street and shuttle in

as long as you have a wrist band, you can enter the pits all weekend, you just have to sign release and they will put another pit pass wristband on you

While we love turn 9 and the food and beverage and seeing bikes coming out on the track, like Cook Nielson and Jason Disalvo coming out of the museum on their Daytona winning Ducati's, part of the fun of Barber is roaming around to different areas of the track

The shuttles do a great job of moving people around, and there are also golf cart rentals available that are nice as well

As they say YOLO-You Only Live Once !!!!!!!!!

pidjones
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Also note that on-site motorcycle parking is free, but if in a cage you will either need to pay for a parking pass or park just off---_-site and ride one of the many free shuttle busses to the track. If riding in, have your wrist band on and hold it up as you approach the entry check people - they will motion for you to keep going!

Last year (our first) we went to the museum on Thursday and the general race/swap meet/exibitions/shows on Friday and Saturday, heading toward home on Saturday evening. This year we will arrive Thursday evening in Birmingham (a hotel in Inverness area) and stay until Monday morning. BTW, Barber traffic was smooth-flowing and well managed. Birmingham traffic on main roads is stop-and-roll. Find back roads!

Last edited by pidjones on Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total 
rcmoto
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DO NOT plan to go to the museum unless you have 4 hours minimum to take it in. If you like old motorcycles you may need more time than that! Ace Corner ticket is worth the extra money, nice track vantage point and you can park your bike up in that area(until they hit max capacity).

Hondo57
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We are doing the museum all day Friday. Have Turn 9 and Aces corner passes as well as premium parking. I think we are covered now. Looking forward to it all!

Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Stop by Camping Lot B we are there with an Atlanta based friendly like minded bike enthusiast. Look for the White Top Tent and the Terminus Flag/Banner. Stop by for some drinks and cool place to hang. I'll have my CB and VF there.

Ask for Jim Culora. PM me and I can give you my number if you want?

Hondo57
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pm sent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic