\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules
 
 
User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 37,925,936
  • Today: 8,178
Server InfoServer Info
  • Aug 05, 2020
  • 04:11 am PDT
 
 
Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums


View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
Author Message
tomk1960
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F



Joined: Nov 13, 2009
Posts: 4444
Location: Worcester, MA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WOWDad wrote:
In NYC I am WELL known for being one of the most classy guys ever. From my home (s) to my clothes!


OMG I almost choked when I read this. I'm recording this statement for posterity as it's bound to be deleted in an hour or two.

BTW - the nonstop bragging about wife, homes, travel, money, etc. is actually quite boorish. It reeks of a textbook complex that first year psych majors study. Please grow up and get over yourself.

_________________
www.tomscyclerecycling.com
Powder coating services, specializing in all F components as well as brake system restoration.
Dealer for Galfer, Spiegler, Apex, APE, 4-into-1, KOSO, Venhill, ProBoltUSA, and Cometic.
CB1100F's - multiple flavors 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
WOWDad
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F



Joined: May 11, 2018
Posts: 1079
Location: CB900F

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

tomk1960 wrote:
WOWDad wrote:
In NYC I am WELL known for being one of the most classy guys ever. From my home (s) to my clothes!


OMG I almost choked when I read this. I'm recording this statement for posterity as it's bound to be deleted in an hour or two.

BTW - the nonstop bragging about wife, homes, travel, money, etc. is actually quite boorish. It reeks of a textbook complex that first year psych majors study. Please grow up and get over yourself.


I have a few rich friends and we've had this conversation. It goes "hey have you ever simply mentioned an occurence, what you own, or the reality or truths in your life and ppl accuse you of bragging." Everyone said "yep."

A friend of mine just bought a vintage ducati for an ungodly amount. When he told us we saw him as stating a fact, not bragging.

A friend of mine bought a sprawling house in a neighboring state....at 27 years old. We were happy for him.

Another friend showed us the high 6 figure diamond he bought for his GF who has NO IDEA he going to propose in two weeks. We are happy for him.

Its all who you hang out around. Among my friends, NO ONE sees me or each other as bragging, because we are not insecure. In this forum, Im not bragging at all. It can only one of a few things:

Im simply stating facts
or
I am bragging
or
Im not bragging and ppl are insecure and taking it the wrong way.

Not my first time at the rodeo. Cant say Im surprised.
 
View user's profile Send private message
n8n8n8
Twinstar
Twinstar



Joined: Dec 07, 2012
Posts: 264
Location: Akron, oh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's time for Sigh to chime in, if there's one forum member that has the skills to deal with this, it's him.

_________________
1981 900f 
View user's profile Send private message
herdygerdy
Twinstar
Twinstar



Joined: Feb 27, 2007
Posts: 238
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Your overt narcissistic responses really do beg the question - if you are so damn confident in all you do and think....then why the hell are you even here?

I mean really, what possible value could mere lowly mortals such as this bunch of tasteless know-nothing small town hicks on this forum possibly add to the shining light of total magnificence that is clearly your incredible and amazing life and unquestionable good taste and opinion in all things? How dare us even attempt to comment and then expect a reasonable, humble, appreciative and logical response?

I hereby am turning off any further supply from me of your (both positive and negative) attention seeking narcisistic codswallop.

So it would seem in your case, Orange really is the new black.

I'm out.
 
View user's profile Send private message
adk_finn
Twinstar
Twinstar



Joined: Sep 25, 2010
Posts: 164
Location: Vermont

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WOWDad wrote:
tomk1960 wrote:
WOWDad wrote:
In NYC I am WELL known for being one of the most classy guys ever. From my home (s) to my clothes!


OMG I almost choked when I read this. I'm recording this statement for posterity as it's bound to be deleted in an hour or two.

BTW - the nonstop bragging about wife, homes, travel, money, etc. is actually quite boorish. It reeks of a textbook complex that first year psych majors study. Please grow up and get over yourself.


I have a few rich friends and we've had this conversation. It goes "hey have you ever simply mentioned an occurence, what you own, or the reality or truths in your life and ppl accuse you of bragging." Everyone said "yep."

A friend of mine just bought a vintage ducati for an ungodly amount. When he told us we saw him as stating a fact, not bragging.

A friend of mine bought a sprawling house in a neighboring state....at 27 years old. We were happy for him.

Another friend showed us the high 6 figure diamond he bought for his GF who has NO IDEA he going to propose in two weeks. We are happy for him.

Its all who you hang out around. Among my friends, NO ONE sees me or each other as bragging, because we are not insecure. In this forum, Im not bragging at all. It can only one of a few things:

Im simply stating facts
or
I am bragging
or
Im not bragging and ppl are insecure and taking it the wrong way.

Not my first time at the rodeo. Cant say Im surprised.


You sir are a clown. What does money and class have to do with orange spray paint? Nothing. You keep reverting to these unrelated and inappropriate defenses that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, it speaks volumes about your character (much louder than your assertions). This drivel you spit also makes a weak ass attempt to disparage the people who disagree with you, piss poor man. No one (that I have seen at least) has made any comments that could be viewed as personal attacks, why go there?

If you only do things for your pleasure and not 'oohs and ahhs' as you say, then why the defense and negativity? The truth is in your actions.

Also, if one were to dignify your comments by humoring you with some version of even a mildly serious response: I'd have to point out that nearly everyone here has a bike that far exceeds the quality and value of yours. We aren't envious, we aren't even impressed.

This isn't how this board works. If you really don't get it or agree with it, your time would be better spent with the like minded people you keep referencing.

Good luck, signing off.
 
View user's profile Send private message
CB1100F
SuperSport
SuperSport



Joined: Jun 19, 2003
Posts: 16067
Location: Winchester Springs, TN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WOWDad wrote:
tomk1960 wrote:
WOWDad wrote:
In NYC I am WELL known for being one of the most classy guys ever. From my home (s) to my clothes!


OMG I almost choked when I read this. I'm recording this statement for posterity as it's bound to be deleted in an hour or two.

BTW - the nonstop bragging about wife, homes, travel, money, etc. is actually quite boorish. It reeks of a textbook complex that first year psych majors study. Please grow up and get over yourself.


I have a few rich friends and we've had this conversation. It goes "hey have you ever simply mentioned an occurence, what you own, or the reality or truths in your life and ppl accuse you of bragging." Everyone said "yep."

A friend of mine just bought a vintage ducati for an ungodly amount. When he told us we saw him as stating a fact, not bragging.

A friend of mine bought a sprawling house in a neighboring state....at 27 years old. We were happy for him.

Another friend showed us the high 6 figure diamond he bought for his GF who has NO IDEA he going to propose in two weeks. We are happy for him.

Its all who you hang out around. Among my friends, NO ONE sees me or each other as bragging, because we are not insecure. In this forum, Im not bragging at all. It can only one of a few things:

Im simply stating facts
or
(b)I am bragging
or
Im not bragging and ppl are insecure and taking it the wrong way.

Not my first time at the rodeo. Cant say Im surprised.


Is this a test?

B, you're bragging, and likely carrying all the baggage that goes along with the need to do such.

Might not be your first rodeo, but doesn't mean you've ever gone 8 seconds.

_________________
Glenn
83 CB1100F,94 Wife
Catchy phrase not included. 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
WOWDad
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F



Joined: May 11, 2018
Posts: 1079
Location: CB900F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

adk_finn wrote:
WOWDad wrote:
tomk1960 wrote:
WOWDad wrote:
In NYC I am WELL known for being one of the most classy guys ever. From my home (s) to my clothes!


OMG I almost choked when I read this. I'm recording this statement for posterity as it's bound to be deleted in an hour or two.

BTW - the nonstop bragging about wife, homes, travel, money, etc. is actually quite boorish. It reeks of a textbook complex that first year psych majors study. Please grow up and get over yourself.


I have a few rich friends and we've had this conversation. It goes "hey have you ever simply mentioned an occurence, what you own, or the reality or truths in your life and ppl accuse you of bragging." Everyone said "yep."

A friend of mine just bought a vintage ducati for an ungodly amount. When he told us we saw him as stating a fact, not bragging.

A friend of mine bought a sprawling house in a neighboring state....at 27 years old. We were happy for him.

Another friend showed us the high 6 figure diamond he bought for his GF who has NO IDEA he going to propose in two weeks. We are happy for him.

Its all who you hang out around. Among my friends, NO ONE sees me or each other as bragging, because we are not insecure. In this forum, Im not bragging at all. It can only one of a few things:

Im simply stating facts
or
I am bragging
or
Im not bragging and ppl are insecure and taking it the wrong way.

Not my first time at the rodeo. Cant say Im surprised.


You sir are a clown. What does money and class have to do with orange spray paint? Nothing. You keep reverting to these unrelated and inappropriate defenses that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, it speaks volumes about your character (much louder than your assertions). This drivel you spit also makes a weak ass attempt to disparage the people who disagree with you, piss poor man. No one (that I have seen at least) has made any comments that could be viewed as personal attacks, why go there?

If you only do things for your pleasure and not 'oohs and ahhs' as you say, then why the defense and negativity? The truth is in your actions.

Also, if one were to dignify your comments by humoring you with some version of even a mildly serious response: I'd have to point out that nearly everyone here has a bike that far exceeds the quality and value of yours. We aren't envious, we aren't even impressed.

This isn't how this board works. If you really don't get it or agree with it, your time would be better spent with the like minded people you keep referencing.

Good luck, signing off.


I skipped over all the responses and saw this one started off with "you are a clown," and I didnt bother to read the rest.

As I mentioned, I dont e-argue, and I will tell you why: WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT?!!! Its THE most USELESS thing to argue, hurl abuse, diagnose ppl as narcissistic etc. I think its hilarious and ppl who are succcessful (not in terms of money necessarily, but in terms of happy living) dont indulge such things.

I wish I WOULD get upset at someone stating facts about their lives. If someone brags, ME NO CARE-O. Im like "go ahead dude, do your thing. Doesnt bother me one bit, and certainly not enough to call names!

I will give you this takeaway for future use and observance: the moment someone resorts to name-calling, well, it betrays emotions, demonstrates.....nah, I need not continue. You get the gist.....

Have a good one. Im going to be MIA for a bit (but probably still logged in because I never log out) because Im abroad for a LONG holiday in a few days.
 
View user's profile Send private message
genesound
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F



Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Posts: 11111
Location: Studio City, California

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

petrat wrote:
just fucking gorgeous


That went over like an SR 71.

_________________

We don't see things as they are
we see things as we are

Viton Valve Stem Seals
12.9 Cam Holder Bolts

Image 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CB1100F
SuperSport
SuperSport



Joined: Jun 19, 2003
Posts: 16067
Location: Winchester Springs, TN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

WOWDad wrote:
adk_finn wrote:
WOWDad wrote:
tomk1960 wrote:
WOWDad wrote:
In NYC I am WELL known for being one of the most classy guys ever. From my home (s) to my clothes!


OMG I almost choked when I read this. I'm recording this statement for posterity as it's bound to be deleted in an hour or two.

BTW - the nonstop bragging about wife, homes, travel, money, etc. is actually quite boorish. It reeks of a textbook complex that first year psych majors study. Please grow up and get over yourself.


I have a few rich friends and we've had this conversation. It goes "hey have you ever simply mentioned an occurence, what you own, or the reality or truths in your life and ppl accuse you of bragging." Everyone said "yep."

A friend of mine just bought a vintage ducati for an ungodly amount. When he told us we saw him as stating a fact, not bragging.

A friend of mine bought a sprawling house in a neighboring state....at 27 years old. We were happy for him.

Another friend showed us the high 6 figure diamond he bought for his GF who has NO IDEA he going to propose in two weeks. We are happy for him.

Its all who you hang out around. Among my friends, NO ONE sees me or each other as bragging, because we are not insecure. In this forum, Im not bragging at all. It can only one of a few things:

Im simply stating facts
or
I am bragging
or
Im not bragging and ppl are insecure and taking it the wrong way.

Not my first time at the rodeo. Cant say Im surprised.


You sir are a clown. What does money and class have to do with orange spray paint? Nothing. You keep reverting to these unrelated and inappropriate defenses that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, it speaks volumes about your character (much louder than your assertions). This drivel you spit also makes a weak ass attempt to disparage the people who disagree with you, piss poor man. No one (that I have seen at least) has made any comments that could be viewed as personal attacks, why go there?

If you only do things for your pleasure and not 'oohs and ahhs' as you say, then why the defense and negativity? The truth is in your actions.

Also, if one were to dignify your comments by humoring you with some version of even a mildly serious response: I'd have to point out that nearly everyone here has a bike that far exceeds the quality and value of yours. We aren't envious, we aren't even impressed.

This isn't how this board works. If you really don't get it or agree with it, your time would be better spent with the like minded people you keep referencing.

Good luck, signing off.


I skipped over all the responses and saw this one started off with "you are a clown," and I didnt bother to read the rest.

As I mentioned, I dont e-argue, and I will tell you why: WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT?!!! Its THE most USELESS thing to argue, hurl abuse, diagnose ppl as narcissistic etc. I think its hilarious and ppl who are succcessful (not in terms of money necessarily, but in terms of happy living) dont indulge such things.

I wish I WOULD get upset at someone stating facts about their lives. If someone brags, ME NO CARE-O. Im like "go ahead dude, do your thing. Doesnt bother me one bit, and certainly not enough to call names!

I will give you this takeaway for future use and observance: the moment someone resorts to name-calling, well, it betrays emotions, demonstrates.....nah, I need not continue. You get the gist.....

Have a good one. Im going to be MIA for a bit (but probably still logged in because I never log out) because Im abroad for a LONG holiday in a few days.


Were are you going?

_________________
Glenn
83 CB1100F,94 Wife
Catchy phrase not included. 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
WOWDad
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F



Joined: May 11, 2018
Posts: 1079
Location: CB900F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

genesound wrote:
petrat wrote:
just fucking gorgeous


That went over like an SR 71.


I got it. But Im VERY particular about what i give my energy to. My response to that particular post shows the amount of energy I chose to expend on it...not much.

Gotta run. Have a great labor day!!!
 
View user's profile Send private message
techie66
Hawk
Hawk



Joined: May 28, 2009
Posts: 401
Location: The Arctic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

FWIW I'm glad you are putting your own style into your bike. I wouldn't do that, but its not my bike.

For real though, pictures of your bike is definitely a chit chat / pictures type thread. Be a good dude, learn the etiquette and how to search.

_________________
Jacob
1983 CB1100F Blue
2010 HD XL1200X 48
My Mods Page 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
genesound
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F



Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Posts: 11111
Location: Studio City, California

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Title of this thread a.o. 8/28 is:
"Orange Pipe Wrap - Reducing header temps and avoiding burns"

FYI, the reason that header wrap is used as a performance enhancement is to keep the header pipe hotter by insulating it... Hot gasses flow better than cooler ones, so the insulation helps keep the gasses hot by way of keeping more heat in the pipe, and so pipe flow and excavation of combustion chambers is better.

It also has the fortunate side affect of possibly helping to lessen burns, but it also reduces the radiation and plume of heat coming off the header pipes, so the motor might not get quite as hot from the secondary pipe heat emission too.

_________________

We don't see things as they are
we see things as we are

Viton Valve Stem Seals
12.9 Cam Holder Bolts

Image 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Captain
CB1100F
CB1100F



Joined: Jan 02, 2009
Posts: 2171
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wraps have little to no effect as to cylinder evacuation.
Its more a marketing exercise by those that manufacture or sell it.

Captain

_________________
The answer is always "more power" always was, always is and always will be. 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
maximeg
Twinstar
Twinstar



Joined: Jun 25, 2018
Posts: 32
Location: Quebec

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

herdygerdy wrote:
Your overt narcissistic responses really do beg the question - if you are so damn confident in all you do and think....then why the hell are you even here?

I mean really, what possible value could mere lowly mortals such as this bunch of tasteless know-nothing small town hicks on this forum possibly add to the shining light of total magnificence that is clearly your incredible and amazing life and unquestionable good taste and opinion in all things? How dare us even attempt to comment and then expect a reasonable, humble, appreciative and logical response?

I hereby am turning off any further supply from me of your (both positive and negative) attention seeking narcisistic codswallop.

So it would seem in your case, Orange really is the new black.

I'm out.


*slow golf clap*

comment of the thread by far
 
View user's profile Send private message
CDN1100F
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board



Joined: Oct 19, 2007
Posts: 1862
Location: London, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Popcorn
 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BlueThunder
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F



Joined: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 8885
Location: Long Island, NY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WOWDad wrote:
For every person in this forum who doesnt like the job, 10 friends and associates of mine like it. What does that mean?

It means you live in a part of Brooklyn where no one has any taste... Puke

Love the enthusiasm but why post something you don't want commented on?? This isn't Facebook...

_________________
... Brian
2014 CTX1300A - Black Thunder aka Predator
1980 CB750F - Blue Thunder
1977 GL1000 - Ox 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
WOWDad
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F



Joined: May 11, 2018
Posts: 1079
Location: CB900F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

BlueThunder wrote:
WOWDad wrote:
For every person in this forum who doesnt like the job, 10 friends and associates of mine like it. What does that mean?

It means you live in a part of Brooklyn where no one has any taste... Puke

Love the enthusiasm but why post something you don't want commented on?? This isn't Facebook...


This is exactly why i changed the topic to "deleted." I have no desire to entertain foolish comments or further a fool's advance. Because ppl have DIFFERENT tastes does NOT mean their taste is poor. Porsche purists HATED the Porsche SUV, which some ppl loved. It doesnt mean they have bad taste.

Name call if you like, but the one who disparages is, to the discerning eye, more likely disparaing himself.

I was talking with someone on insta who saw the photo of my bike and said, giving no opinion one way or the other "I respect a person's right to be creative with their bike"

THAT is a REAL man!


Have a good day...
 
View user's profile Send private message
tomk1960
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F



Joined: Nov 13, 2009
Posts: 4444
Location: Worcester, MA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The majority of your posts in this forum have "delete" in the subject line. Just so you know, they haven't been deleted. They will likely be here for eternity. Rolling Eyes

I see a pattern here...

_________________
www.tomscyclerecycling.com
Powder coating services, specializing in all F components as well as brake system restoration.
Dealer for Galfer, Spiegler, Apex, APE, 4-into-1, KOSO, Venhill, ProBoltUSA, and Cometic.
CB1100F's - multiple flavors 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
petrat
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board



Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 3473
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WOWDad wrote:
But I'm VERY particular about what i give my energy to


You may want to re-assess your particularities and how you dispense your energy (or lack thereof), such as how to use the search function, READ the manual in the tech documents, LEARN all the ins and outs of the CB-F platform, and most importantly, actually LISTEN to those whom have in fact been to the "rodeo" (the manual isn't perfect).

You have a right to express your creativity in any way you want, and if your attitude was a little different it would be received quite differently here. We are all here for the same reason, because we love these bikes, no matter how quirky they can be. Many of us have been on this forum a long time and we have seen people come and go ...... and those with your type of attitude never hang around. You have over 300 posts in under 3 months and most of it is tell me how to fix things on my bike. There is nothing wrong with asking questions, but expend the resources on this forum first before you go ahead and ask questions you apparently already have an answer for.

_________________
PETRAT

http://www.darrenbeggcustoms.com


Vapor Blasting Services

Dealer for Wossner, Cometic, OHLINS, OZ Racing, Dymag, Marchesini, SUDCO, JB-Power, APE, Spiegler, Setrab, KOSO,
Brembo, Lightech, Speedcell, Racefit, Braketech, Ferodo Pads, Wood 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
WOWDad
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F



Joined: May 11, 2018
Posts: 1079
Location: CB900F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

petrat wrote:
WOWDad wrote:
But I'm VERY particular about what i give my energy to


You may want to re-assess your particularities and how you dispense your energy (or lack thereof), such as how to use the search function, READ the manual in the tech documents, LEARN all the ins and outs of the CB-F platform, and most importantly, actually LISTEN to those whom have in fact been to the "rodeo" (the manual isn't perfect).

You have a right to express your creativity in any way you want, and if your attitude was a little different it would be received quite differently here. We are all here for the same reason, because we love these bikes, no matter how quirky they can be. Many of us have been on this forum a long time and we have seen people come and go ...... and those with your type of attitude never hang around. You have over 300 posts in under 3 months and most of it is tell me how to fix things on my bike. There is nothing wrong with asking questions, but expend the resources on this forum first before you go ahead and ask questions you apparently already have an answer for.


Sorry, I completely reject everything you said except using the search function. I was raised to BE A MAN and not argue.I have not called ONE person a name in this forum, and someone has called me names more than once. Yet *I* have an attitude? Parts of your response are groupthink and non-obervance of the facts. If someone said something stupid when I was growing up, my coach, a friends Dad, my uncle, or any other male, my father would COMPLETELY ignore them. Like no response at all. I always admired him for that, and will remind myself to do the same. Let the women argue, but not the men.
 
View user's profile Send private message
houredout401
Hawk
Hawk



Joined: Jun 05, 2017
Posts: 350
Location: New England

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

petrat wrote:
WOWDad wrote:
But I'm VERY particular about what i give my energy to


You may want to re-assess your particularities and how you dispense your energy (or lack thereof), such as how to use the search function, READ the manual in the tech documents, LEARN all the ins and outs of the CB-F platform, and most importantly, actually LISTEN to those whom have in fact been to the "rodeo" (the manual isn't perfect).

You have a right to express your creativity in any way you want, and if your attitude was a little different it would be received quite differently here. We are all here for the same reason, because we love these bikes, no matter how quirky they can be. Many of us have been on this forum a long time and we have seen people come and go ...... and those with your type of attitude never hang around. You have over 300 posts in under 3 months and most of it is tell me how to fix things on my bike. There is nothing wrong with asking questions, but expend the resources on this forum first before you go ahead and ask questions you apparently already have an answer for.


You are all wasting your time in responding. He/she/whomever they are, has NO interest in getting answers. He/she/it is seeking attention and bragging about things that no mature, secure person cares about. We all know those who are truly successful don't like to talk about it, and certainly don't talk about it on a public forum with strangers. This board is being trolled. Have some fun with it, but be careful.
 
View user's profile Send private message
djf18374
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F



Joined: Oct 14, 2016
Posts: 626
Location: Richmond, VA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

houredout401 wrote:

You are all wasting your time in responding. He/she/whomever they are, has NO interest in getting answers. He/she/it is seeking attention and bragging about things that no mature, secure person cares about. We all know those who are truly successful don't like to talk about it, and certainly don't talk about it on a public forum with strangers. This board is being trolled. Have some fun with it, but be careful.


I tend to agree with you. How could this level of absurd clueless babble be real life?

_________________
79 CBX (silver)
81 CB900F (silver)
82 CB900F (black)
83 CB1100F (red)
2014 CB1100 DLX 
View user's profile Send private message
petrat
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board



Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 3473
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I completely reject everything you said .... I was raised to BE A MAN and not argue .... Laughing

Let the women argue, but not the men ....

Are you on a 21 day cycle?

_________________
PETRAT

http://www.darrenbeggcustoms.com


Vapor Blasting Services

Dealer for Wossner, Cometic, OHLINS, OZ Racing, Dymag, Marchesini, SUDCO, JB-Power, APE, Spiegler, Setrab, KOSO,
Brembo, Lightech, Speedcell, Racefit, Braketech, Ferodo Pads, Wood 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
houredout401
Hawk
Hawk



Joined: Jun 05, 2017
Posts: 350
Location: New England

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WOWDad wrote:
petrat wrote:
WOWDad wrote:
But I'm VERY particular about what i give my energy to


You may want to re-assess your particularities and how you dispense your energy (or lack thereof), such as how to use the search function, READ the manual in the tech documents, LEARN all the ins and outs of the CB-F platform, and most importantly, actually LISTEN to those whom have in fact been to the "rodeo" (the manual isn't perfect).

You have a right to express your creativity in any way you want, and if your attitude was a little different it would be received quite differently here. We are all here for the same reason, because we love these bikes, no matter how quirky they can be. Many of us have been on this forum a long time and we have seen people come and go ...... and those with your type of attitude never hang around. You have over 300 posts in under 3 months and most of it is tell me how to fix things on my bike. There is nothing wrong with asking questions, but expend the resources on this forum first before you go ahead and ask questions you apparently already have an answer for.


Sorry, I completely reject everything you said except using the search function. I was raised to BE A MAN and not argue.I have not called ONE person a name in this forum, and someone has called me names more than once. Yet *I* have an attitude? Parts of your response are groupthink and non-obervance of the facts. If someone said something stupid when I was growing up, my coach, a friends Dad, my uncle, or any other male, my father would COMPLETELY ignore them. Like no response at all. I always admired him for that, and will remind myself to do the same. Let the women argue, but not the men.


Yet another contradictory post, saying you are ignoring things when in fact you are writing a paragraph about it. Also seems you are trying to slander the female gender by somehow saying arguing is a lesser human trait? Again, more signs of trolling. I think you have tried to bait people with such things as race, income, illegal aliens, breaking traffic laws, and now gender. None of which has to do with F bikes.
 
View user's profile Send private message
WOWDad
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F



Joined: May 11, 2018
Posts: 1079
Location: CB900F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

houredout401 wrote:
petrat wrote:
WOWDad wrote:
But I'm VERY particular about what i give my energy to


You may want to re-assess your particularities and how you dispense your energy (or lack thereof), such as how to use the search function, READ the manual in the tech documents, LEARN all the ins and outs of the CB-F platform, and most importantly, actually LISTEN to those whom have in fact been to the "rodeo" (the manual isn't perfect).

You have a right to express your creativity in any way you want, and if your attitude was a little different it would be received quite differently here. We are all here for the same reason, because we love these bikes, no matter how quirky they can be. Many of us have been on this forum a long time and we have seen people come and go ...... and those with your type of attitude never hang around. You have over 300 posts in under 3 months and most of it is tell me how to fix things on my bike. There is nothing wrong with asking questions, but expend the resources on this forum first before you go ahead and ask questions you apparently already have an answer for.


You are all wasting your time in responding. He/she/whomever they are, has NO interest in getting answers. He/she/it is seeking attention and bragging about things that no mature, secure person cares about. We all know those who are truly successful don't like to talk about it, and certainly don't talk about it on a public forum with strangers. This board is being trolled. Have some fun with it, but be careful.


This is SO textbook!

Play Number One - Make SWEEPING generalizations to paint me in a certain light:
To have a go at me, youve resorted to making sweeping generalizations. Let me tell ya buddy, SMART ppl tend NOT to make generalizations.
Why? Because ppl, circumstances and situations, by nature are too varied, random and static to to be quantified and limited by a generalization. To say ALL people DO or DO NOT do a thing is silly.
.
As you preached from your pulpit, you rather ridiculously said "successful ppl dont talk about their success" - have you ever heard of a guy named TRUMP or any of the other billionaires who CONSTANTLY talk about their success? Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg - like really do you have any cognitive ability at all?

Have you ever been to a Wall Street or Wealth Management social event? ALL PPL DO is talk about their success.

Have you ever heard of INSTAGRAM? ALL PPL DO IS TALK ABOUT AND PRESENT THEIR SUCCESSES......TO STRANGERS!!!


Play Number Two - call him a TROLL: Anyone with eyes can see, my responses did not get acerbic until i was name called. Thus, you have no basis in fact to call me a troll. Additionally, and all of the issues I have had with my bike are legitimate.

Your response is ill-thought out: actually, there was NO substantive thought in it. Therefore, I will not further waste my time; I am now abandoning my attempt to elucidate your vacuous, vapid response and will leave you to it.

This is my LAST response in this post. And anyone who continues to fan the flames is a......troll

If I were a troll I seek to draw out these exchanges to provoke more conversation.

HOWVER, Im not a troll and desire that this conversation END!

Thank You!
[b]


Last edited by WOWDad on Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:55 am; edited 2 times in total 
View user's profile Send private message
djf18374
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F



Joined: Oct 14, 2016
Posts: 626
Location: Richmond, VA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Popcorn

I'm quite amused now. Carry on and show us some additional fancy pants words Laughing

_________________
79 CBX (silver)
81 CB900F (silver)
82 CB900F (black)
83 CB1100F (red)
2014 CB1100 DLX 
View user's profile Send private message
ACB750F
MB-5
MB-5



Joined: Jul 31, 2017
Posts: 17
Location: Massachusetts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am relatively new to this forum and don't post much. I acquired a '80 750F which had problems and after joining and SEARCHING for answers was able to sort everything out. I've read your posts WOWdad over your time here and what all the other members are saying about your actions and behavior is completely spot on accurate. With all due respect you seem like a trust fund hipster that grew up receiving participation trophy's. Riding around in fancy suits and shoes and such. Everyone here started out trying to help you but your responses and braggadocio rubbed pretty much everyone the wrong way. I'm not sure anyone else here has wrapped their pipes and if so maybe a handful, never mind painted them a dayglow color!! So if you can't take the heat coming off your florescent wrapped pipes maybe you should stop acting like a DOUCHE and stop posting....with all due respect, which is growing less and less...
 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
houredout401
Hawk
Hawk



Joined: Jun 05, 2017
Posts: 350
Location: New England

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="WOWDad
This is SO textbook!

Play Number One - Make Generalizations: To have a go at me, you resort to making sweeping generalizations. Let me tell you something, SMART ppl tend NOT to make generalization such as you have, because ppl and life are too varied and random and static to say ALL people do or DO not do a thing.

As you preached from your pulpit, you rather ridiculously said "successful ppl dont talk about their success" - have you ever heard of a guy named TRUMP or any of the other billionaires who CONSTANTLY talk about their success? Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg - like really do you have any cognitive ability at all?

Have you ever been to a Wall Street or Wealth Management social event? ALL PPL DO is talk about their success.

Have you ever heard of INSTAGRAM? On it ALL PPL DO IS PRESENT THEIR SUCCESS......TO STRANGERS!!!


Play Number Two - call him a TROLL: Anyone with eyes can see, my responses did not get acerbic until i was name called. So you have no basis in fact to call me a troll, and all of the issues I have/had with my bike are legitimate.

Your comment is so ill-thought out, actually, there was NO substantive thought in it, so I am now abandoning my attempt to elucidate your vacuous, vapid response and will leave you to your folly.

This is my LAST response in this post. And anyone who continues to fan the flames is a girl. Men dont bitch.

If I were a troll I would provoke more conversation. Im not a troll and this conversation should END!

Thank You!
[b][/quote]
Can you cite that text book? I thought you ignore this stuff, like you learned from your Dad.... caught you again. Thou doth protest too much about being a troll..... And no bitching here, I love the show you are putting on. You are confusing bitching with calling out someone. And where is point a), I only see b). Must have been one of those edits. Cant seem to find the overspray picture anymore either, If you are so ok with it, I wonder why it was taken down? And why are you are trying to denigrate females?
 
View user's profile Send private message
genesound
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F



Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Posts: 11111
Location: Studio City, California

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not all that put off by the orange, but I'm not impressed with the application. A professional thermal barrier type ceramic coating (inside and out) of the pipes in a color (on the outside) might be nicer, and will also help with keeping the heat inside the pipe, instead of passing through the metal.

_________________

We don't see things as they are
we see things as we are

Viton Valve Stem Seals
12.9 Cam Holder Bolts

Image 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
basmn
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F



Joined: May 03, 2006
Posts: 1107
Location: Toronto Canada

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WOWDad wrote:
tomk1960 wrote:
WOWDad wrote:
In NYC I am WELL known for being one of the most classy guys ever. From my home (s) to my clothes!


OMG I almost choked when I read this. I'm recording this statement for posterity as it's bound to be deleted in an hour or two.

BTW - the nonstop bragging about wife, homes, travel, money, etc. is actually quite boorish. It reeks of a textbook complex that first year psych majors study. Please grow up and get over yourself.


I have a few rich friends and we've had this conversation. It goes "hey have you ever simply mentioned an occurence, what you own, or the reality or truths in your life and ppl accuse you of bragging." Everyone said "yep."

A friend of mine just bought a vintage ducati for an ungodly amount. When he told us we saw him as stating a fact, not bragging.

A friend of mine bought a sprawling house in a neighboring state....at 27 years old. We were happy for him.

Another friend showed us the high 6 figure diamond he bought for his GF who has NO IDEA he going to propose in two weeks. We are happy for him.

Its all who you hang out around. Among my friends, NO ONE sees me or each other as bragging, because we are not insecure. In this forum, Im not bragging at all. It can only one of a few things:

Im simply stating facts
or
I am bragging
or
Im not bragging and ppl are insecure and taking it the wrong way.

Not my first time at the rodeo. Cant say Im surprised.


There is no place on the forum for crap like this... please....just go away....

_________________
81 750F stock
83 1100F stock
08 FZ1
03 YZF R6 track only
10 shadow rs.. brides ride
XR100 pit special
CRF 230F X2
80 CB750C...on the lift
YZ250FX dirt monster (: SOLD
2014 Kodiak 450 for the wife (:
2018 Polaris 570..for me.. 
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2008 phpBB Group
:: Theme & Graphics by Daz :: Ported for PHP-Nuke by nukemods.com ::
All times are GMT
 
Page Generation: 0.21 Seconds

:: fisubice phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by www.nukemods.com ::
:: fisubice Theme Recoded To 100% W3C CSS & HTML 4.01 Transitional & XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliance by RavenNuke™ TEAM ::

:: W3C CSS Compliance Validation :: W3C HTML 4.01 Transitional Compliance Validation :: W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliance Validation ::