\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,514,994
  • Today: 46,670
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 30, 2024
  • 01:33 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
nlovie
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

just back from a great run up the west coast to Achiltibuie - great roads and fantastic views. Our end goal was a walk up the fhidhleir, a bit of fun with the wind gusting over 70mph from behind and a 1000ft drop off the edge however the view from the top is just one of them magic places
my own pics don't do it justice ( to dam't scared to get too close to the edge) so i've plagiarised one from the web
had a nice easy pace run back, my mind was just so inspired by this view I didn't want a thrash
This is a great run and a really great end goal for any Scottish members - so if you want a route and directions for getting up the hill ( there is no path on the map) get intouch - its an easy 3hr round trip walk for this priceless view

although its not directly bike related, thought i'd share this with you

DonR
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic.

metu71
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Super cool! Wish we had that in southern Finland.

CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I love it, reminds me of the days when I lived in Glen Esk and would walk out the back door and hike for days. I still remember climbing in the fog and then looking to the side of the Ben Nevis trail at the drop off as the fog cleared, just some outstanding views.

I see now I should've gotten to the far northwest as I missed out on some great views. Crying or Very sad

CBX-tras
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Stunning!

Approved Carburetor Rebuilder 
nlovie
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sillygoose wrote:
I love it, reminds me of the days when I lived in Glen Esk and would walk out the back door and hike for days. I still remember climbing in the fog and then looking to the side of the Ben Nevis trail at the drop off as the fog cleared, just some outstanding views.

I see now I should've gotten to the far northwest as I missed out on some great views. Crying or Very sad

Glen Esk / clover / Muick into the central cairnegroms are in their own way equally brilliant but the northern west coast is something different - its quite interesting why
where the picture is taken is part where the Plate of the America's collides with the European Plate i.e. you have Europe on one side and Canada on the other and a wee walk and you step from one to the other ( ok thats an oversimplification but you get the jist - lots of tetonic plate activity causing mixed age rock structures )
This collison has forced up some of the oldest rock in the world ( lovely pink smooth and hard as fook 3000,000,000 (3 real billions) yr old - add in some glaziers of old and the constant errosion weathering from the atlantic and you soon get rid of the softer newer sedimentary rock leaving all these lovely chimney rocks / stacs - they are not as high as the Nevis range / cairnegorms but this geographical wonder has created their own magic
best thing is because they are a bit more remote, you can go walking - enjoy the peaks and at best only meet a few like minded folks, versus the Nevis range which can be like a busy high street
either way, they are all supported by great motorbike roads as long as you keep a canny eye out for distracted gopping foreign tourists in camper vans driving on the wrong side - oh, and the odd sheep or deer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic