\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 72,884,483
  • Today: 1,276
Server InfoServer Info
  • Mar 28, 2024
  • 01:44 am PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
thx113
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Started cleaning 4500km of filth off the black scooter.
AAArrrggghhh what a job.

VF1000RE x 2
VF1000RF
Black scooter (06 CBR1100XX)
Red scooter (94 VFR750FR)
CT110 Hyper Sport 
headless
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Made a pin spanner to tighten my chain. (BTW, the 104 link chain was too short and a 108 link one is on order)

Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Put lattice rear sets on the 900. Unfortunately, the stop that I had on the old rear sets to stop the centre stand hitting the chain does not fit these rear sets, so will have to find or fabricate a stop that fits on the centre stand mounting bracket.

sillygoose
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is what you want (click on the image to see the post), I bought a few of these from Luckysox and they are the best. Perhaps one of our talented members could do a run if there is interest.

In a pinch you can use a piece of flat bar stock with a small cutout that catches the centerstand. This is what came with the V+H exhausts and it looks like crap but it does sort of work. The part is in center of the pic at the bottom:

Bone
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for that. I tried to send Luckysox a PM regarding these but did not get a reply. Will try again then maybe try to fabricate Wink

Cheers,

Chris

thx113
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Gave the black scooter an oil and filter change after the cross Australia ride.
Hate seeing dark brown oil coming out af a motor.

VF1000RE x 2
VF1000RF
Black scooter (06 CBR1100XX)
Red scooter (94 VFR750FR)
CT110 Hyper Sport 
Captain
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Working on my first batch of 6 (to order) primary gear drive conversions and sent out my replacement primary shaft cush drive hubs for gear cutting.

Captain

CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Stepped up the Cad Solid Works detailing of the crankshaft lightening to improve the consistentcy and finish of my Super Cranks. This will be another step forward in my quest for 200 HP
The first run 7 crankshafts of this new package begins today and if looking forward to the results.

Captain

Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not today, but a summary of lot's of yesterdays ...

CB1100RB
    * Rode it a bit more
    * Cleaned it some more
    * SORNed it (UK Statutory Off Road Notice) for winter

CB985
    * Cut the bottom oil cooler bracket off and cleaned up and painted the frame there
    * Rebuilt front forks with emulators and refitted
    * Fitted refinished front brakes and front mudguard
    * Blasted and powder coated clipon bars
    * Cleaned up front spindle and fitted the front wheel

CB1100RC/D
    * Finally fitted the RD swing arm
    * Made a decision about the wheels (chose the CBR option over the GSXR option), changed my mind and decided to use a VF1000F set up (18x2.5 front, 17x3.5 rear), decided that they would be powder coated gold (surprise!)
    * Discovered that the VF750 gold boomerang front wheel that I thought was a 16x2.5 (and had nearly thrown away twice) was actually an 18x2.5
    * Bought 296mm discs for the front
    * Stripped, cleaned and powder coated the Tokico 4 pots a friend gave me (they are a newer version than the old ZRX style ones I was going to use) and did the same to the rear caliper and carrier
    * Found a guy on ebay who made me 10 stainless brake pistons in three sizes for about £9 each (which is better than the £20 I was paying Wemoto, although they come with seals)
    * Rebuilt the two right hand VF1000R fork legs (emulators, repainted lowers, rechromed stanchions, etc.) several times as a result of forgetting things … Sad
    * Fitted the forklegs and found the rebored CB900 yokes (39mm to 41mm) are the same separation as the VF1000R and that I can use the VF1000R fork brace and mudguard set up
    * Sent the pivoting front axle clamps off for replacement with CNC items
    * Blasted and (finally) powder coated the clipons and fittings

VF1000RE
    * Sorted out the swingarm bearings (finally got the old ones out of the suspension linkages), only bust one blind bearing puller so quite pleased …
    * Fitted the rear shock with only minor swearing and injury
    * Stripped, cleaned and powder coated the front and rear brake calipers, did them in matt black, but it looks satin to me, so will redo them in some fine textured black that seems to cure very matt
    * Stainless caliper pistons and seals obtained, found that the genuine Honda rear caliper seals are too small (???), eventually found some pattern ones I can use
    * Rebuilt the two VF1000R fork legs (emulators, repainted lowers, rechromed stanchions, etc.) several times as a result of forgetting things (as above) … 
    * Fitted the forklegs and the VF1000R fork brace and mudguard set up, cleaned up a pair of Bandit 1200 front brake line retainers to replace the NLA Honda items
    * Sent the pivoting front axle clamps off for replacement with CNC items
    * Blasted and (finally) powder coated the clipons and fittings

General

* Ground and polished LOTS of stainless steel fasteners for all the bikes … Sad

Regards,

Max

1984 VF1000R - Rebuilding
1984 VF1000R - Stored
1979 900Fz - Stored 
Needirection
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Go faster air box covers

Needirection
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Filled with oil and this time was able to prime the oil to the cams just by turning her over by hand. PO said it took ages last time and he used the starter to spin her. Gonna fit an oil gauge for extra peace of mind this time around. Next job will be to strip it down and fit the Captains primary drive gear I WISH no next is to fit the cams and do a compression test on the bench and then take it from there.

Needirection
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cams tapped and plugged.

nlovie
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

spent 3hrs at the nearest bike scrap yard yesterday digging through a humongous wrack of swing arms to find one that would enable matching the key dimensions to replace my bent one - Honda CBR1100 blackbird won - then ! spotted a set of GSXR1100H 18" alloys - so £80 quid lighter "£80 quid - what a steal!" for 2 wheels c/w discs etc.. and a swing arm
whilst there spotted a twin shock TZ350 chassis with an RD400 motor fitted to it - oooooh!!!!

Then whilst enjoying a coffee and a sticky bun courtesy of shop owner - I spots a few cartoon sketches on his wall - "thats copies of Black Bag - a character from the viz comic ?"

nope: thats originals - and the guy your speaking to is the artist
"eh" - yip thats me - i'm presently selling limited prints of these at the Royal Academy of arts - their going for around £250

so - another £100 spent - and a copy is on its way to me - might be a bargain, or it might be an expensive cartoon - lets see, who cares - if you know the viz comic and the character "black bag"= you'll appreciate why I bought it - not quite but almost like meeting the originator of "oor willie" Laughing you got to be scottish to get this one

DonR
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Good pick up, on all fronts!

nlovie
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

DonR wrote:
Good pick up, on all fronts!

aye, my luck is in, after popping out the bearings on both arms - the Honda is the exact ID as the Harris arm - so all i've got to do is cut back the width of the alloy pivot bush in the Honda arm to match the Harris width - pop in the Harris bearings and spacers and hayho it fits - so the only dimensional variance is the mounting points for the bell crank links - 170mm versus 165mm from the swing arm pivot which I can live with = overall Cool - almost made to measure Laughing - its uncanny - even the mid point for the length adjustment is +/- the same - and the chain adjuster ID match's the Harris wheel spindle

SteveG
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Had a nice, warm, dry day today and fired up the 985 and 810. I tried to get the 985 started the other day (temperature right at freezing), and with that nice 20W-50 oil all she did was RRRRRR-RRRRRRRR RRRRRRRR . Ugh. Took that battery out and put on charger overnight. Today she fired right up, so I went for short (20 mile) spirited rides on each after adding fuel stabilizer to the tanks, and am thinking about getting ready for that bike hibernation period.

It felt good GREAT to be out and about on two wheels!!

Steve

Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Reinstalled my carbs and trying to do cleanup on the bike. 20 years of neglect takes its toll.

1997 Yamaha Vmax
1979 Kawasaki 1000ST 
headless
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Started the 750 today to see if it still runs. It ran great (I still can't ride) so I drained the carbs and stripped off the CVs and installed CR31s.

CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I install a new set of horns today.

I had to fabricate a custom bracket to get them to fit.

CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I fabricated a bracket and mounted an Earl's 13 row curved oil cooler. I couldn't get the clearance to mount the cooler with the ports on top due a collision with the steering damper at full right turn so I've ordered some tighter radius 90 degree fittings.

P.S. This is my prototype bracket and I'll be having some made so look for the brackets in a upcoming 'For Sale' post.

Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I finally got my CB900 back on the lift after 2 months of doing a complete strip and rebuild of my sons xl250 on it. Now carbs and pods are coming off the 900 for a clean and going back on with the original air box. That will be another job ticked off my list. I still have my xl600 waiting on front wheel bearings and brake rebuild. Too much work to do and not enough life left to do it all. Rolling Eyes

Simon_CB900
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

The saga of my bike's paint job continues on a pace.

I took my tank back to the painter because it wasn't quite up to the mark.
Due to having had a lot on my plate recently, I didn't contact him for a couple of weeks and then couldn't for some reason.
Last week I went to his new workshop, at lunch time on Saturday. It was locked up. Surprised
This week I got there at around 11am, it was locked up again Shocked

This time the next unit along was still open and working, so I knocked on the door and asked about the paint and body shop.
It turns out it's been locked up for some time, because he's in jail Shocked
I hope it's on account of his business partner and not him, because it's on drugs charges.
They can't get bail because his partner has skipped bail in the past, so the authorities here aren't giving them the chance to skip.

So at the moment I've got painted and powder coated fork sliders, to match painted front mud guard (fender), two sets of side panels and tail unit.
No tank or seat trim pieces and no petcock or cap.
Getting another tank shouldn't be too difficult. Getting it painted to exactly match everything else probably will be.
I was also supposed to get a can of base colour for repairing any paint damage, doubt there's any chance of that now
I might be able to get my parts back, but it isn't going to be easy because I'm always away during the week

This has turned into a damned nightmare Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

\'81 CB 750/900 mongrel Smile 
nlovie
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

got a CB900 tank up in the loft Simon, if yir ever passing my way, its yours - if your interested i'll go dig it out and check what state its in

Simon_CB900
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

nlovie wrote:
got a CB900 tank up in the loft Simon, if yir ever passing my way, its yours - if your interested i'll go dig it out and check what state its in

Thanks very much, leave it up in the loft for now. With any luck I won't need it, but I'll let you know Smile

\'81 CB 750/900 mongrel Smile 
toddk
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not exactly bike stuff.

Got heat for the garage finally Very Happy We're putting a new furnace in the house and the old one is going in the garage. I've been hovering over a Kerosun for30 years.

It going to be -1 "F" tomorrow.

Toddk

nlovie
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

just finished repairing the damage of a drive chain break - a what ? - when last did that happen
no idea why it did ( dark cold and pissed off when it did = didn't bother trying to find it) - only done 5K on a chain and sprocket set - top DID chain and I use a scott oiler

so I thought i'd pay more attention to riveting the link on the replacement and a possible reason / lesson occurred which cost me a new rivet link

whilst winding in the rivet tool I heard an obvious crack - close observation = I had over done the job and caused a tiny fracture on the link pin end
so with the next one I measured as I riveted - ps - done loads of chains without measuring - no problem - anyway it became obvious from the measurement that I have been - in general over doing the rivet, it needs a fair bit less than brawn alone suggests - don't know if this was the cause but at the least it was a good lesson learned

ps - learned another lesson - see if you break down in the UK - and if you happen to let your road tax slip - oops Rolling Eyes - this invalidates your free breakdown recovery via your insurance - fookin small print get out clause - whilst arguing with the lady that says "computer says No" - my good lady was on another computer getting my tax paid up - oh very good sir, computer know says yes - what a load of bollocks

sillygoose
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tried my hand at powdercoating today, no sense wasting all that heat on a single pork belly.

Will check the results when all cooled down.

Last edited by sillygoose on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total 
nlovie
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing brilliant

bikeboy
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well I took the RD for a few laps around Phillip Island Grand Prix circuit.

Ignore the newbie posture. I had a ball. More importantly, the bike survived riding to and from the track - a distance of about 200Kms each way. Next will be an oil and filter change, as well as a close look at those BT45s Wink

VF1000RE
VF1000F
VF750F
CB400F 
smurdoch
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Understandable not going full blast on your beautiful R but the pic of your tire certainly shows you were not out there cruising around.
Riding to and from the track completes the possible early life of many Rs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic