\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 72,898,433
  • Today: 14,930
Server InfoServer Info
  • Mar 29, 2024
  • 12:29 am PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
cycleboy1200cc
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I got this seat off ebay about a year ago and never put it on till last week. The ebay seller listed it as fitting an 1100f which it obviously does. The thing is when i was mounting it i noticed two threaded studs coming out the back of the seat where the tail mounts . My stock seat dos'nt have these studs. So im just curious about the studs . Why does this seat have them and mine did'nt. Does it come off one of the other "f" models . It's also a little wider than my stock seat. On a side note its more comfortable than my stock seat. I don't know what kind of pading is under the seat cover but It's softer yet wont bottom out on a simi-long ride. So what do you guys think. Question Smile Image

Bucko
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the non-US model 11F's (including the Canadian Model) came with rear grab rails on the tail. Not sure where they attach exactly but maybe the seat pan??? Others here will know for sure.

cycleboy1200cc
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I wish that would be the case Bucko. I like the way that grab rail looks and the funtional part of it ,and even though its not to spec on my bike id like to put one on it.

smoked21
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

looks like a corbin.If so the studs are for an optional backrest

Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

smoked21 wrote:
Yeah it looks like a corbin but the front looks a little thicker than a corbin and its a vinyl cover. Maybe its a recovered corbin Question Can you get corbin in vinyl Question

pipedope
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

cycleboy1200cc wrote:
Maybe its a recovered corbin

I was just about to post that same theory but I saw your reply in my preview. Looks to be recovered with padding removed in the rear and added in the front. What does the pan look like? My old corbin is fiberglass and it has a corbin sticker right in the middle.

cycleboy1200cc
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

pipedope wrote:
cycleboy1200cc wrote:
Maybe its a recovered corbin

I was just about to post that same theory but I saw your reply in my preview. Looks to be recovered with padding removed in the rear and added in the front. What does the pan look like? My old corbin is fiberglass and it has a corbin sticker right in the middle.
The under side looked like my original seat. No corbin sticker. Some black stamped numbers or letters or both and the studs in the back.

Weekend_Junkie
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

cycleboy1200cc wrote:
smoked21 wrote:
Yeah it looks like a corbin but the front looks a little thicker than a corbin and its a vinyl cover. Maybe its a recovered corbin Question Can you get corbin in vinyl Question

I doubt Corbin would use foam like that, it's just not their thing. Not to mention, they will NOT use your original seat pan, even if you ask pretty please.

Take a look at the seat pan. If it's white plastic, then you have a recovered stock seat. If it's black and looks like it could take a bullet, it's a corbin.

There are a plenty of people and companies out there who do quality custom rebuilding and recovering jobs, including Sargent. Check out what they did for a SOHC CB750.

http://www.sargentcycle.com/cscb750.htm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cycleboy1200cc
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Weekend_Junkie wrote:
cycleboy1200cc wrote:
smoked21 wrote:

I doubt Corbin would use foam like that, it's just not their thing. Not to mention, they will NOT use your original seat pan, even if you ask pretty please.

Take a look at the seat pan. If it's white plastic, then you have a recovered stock seat. If it's black and looks like it could take a bullet, it's a corbin.

There are a plenty of people and companies out there who do quality custom rebuilding and recovering jobs, including Sargent. Check out what they did for a SOHC CB750.

http://www.sargentcycle.com/cscb750.htm
Yea its white plastic. Actually i had bought this seat as an extra. I had put it on temporaraly while my original was being recovered. I now like this seat more than my recovered origanal. It might just stay on there Wink

Weekend_Junkie
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

cycleboy1200cc wrote:
I now like this seat more than my recovered origanal. It might just stay on there Wink

Then you, kind sir, have found your zen in the art of motorcycling. I expect a full 10,000 mile review by spring.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cb1100fer
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That is a recovered seat and if it has two studs coming out of the pan near the rear of the seat, it's as Bucko said. A Canadian 1100F pan. Only the Canadian and Euro spec 1100F seats had those. The studs are where the brackets mount to the seat for the grab rail. You'l also need a Canadian rear cowl that has two holes on either side of it where the bracket passes through as well as all the hardware for the rail if you want to install one.

CB1100F Can red (avatar)
CB1100F Can red (soon to be for sale)
CB1100F Can red (new project codenamed "Phoenix")
CB1100F Can blue (daily rider)
CB1100F U.S. red
CB900F 81 blk 
cycleboy1200cc
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

10,000 mi Shocked How bout 2000 mi Laughing , Well if you guys up north know where i can get all the tail stuff in the faster blue Laughing Id be much abliged Cool I really like that rear handle set up Exclamation Then get me some gold comstars and id be the shit Exclamation Maybe i aught to move to Canada "eh" Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic