\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,228,481
  • Today: 8,129
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 16, 2024
  • 12:34 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
900Fer
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am a relatively new member to this site Living in Australia and haven't been chatting to many people.I was given a '81 900 F mostly complete but needed a few minor touch(yeah right).My problem started being a miss fire and turned into a head service and clean.Anyway I have solved the problem with the bike(Satan's Son).It now runs great and can't wait to get out on a good ride (maybe this weekend) to give it a blow out of the cob webs.I have to thank the people who have given me info through the posts I have listed,So thanks to all those people.I will try to get some new phot's up on the site as soon as I can (update the ones on here already)so you can all share in Satan's Sons Beauty.Hope to here from some F lovers to swap info or just chat>Not many F lovers here.

Simonster
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm up on the 'sunny coast'. Just need to fix a charging problem, then maybe we can meet up for a blast. Don't know what it's like down your way, but the hinterland roads up here are awesome! How sticky are your tyres?

Cheers,

Simon

900Fer
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there Simon,
The roads are pretty good around the Mt Tamborine area going out as far as Canungra.Used to live up that way around Mooloolaba/Maroochy and up at Buderim.Did the "Triangle" a few times,thats not a bad run.As for the tyres there just standard battlax front and rear.How bad's the charging problem? I might have an idea or two.

Simonster
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Came home last week on the back of an RAC truck. The guy reckons the alternator is charging but only a very small amount . Happens to be quite timely as I'm looking to change the rotor to the 1100R {wombat} set up. I also need to make sure the reg/rectifier isn't fried.

I know there's a detailed thread on this subject somewhere on the site but I haven't read it yet.

I'm quite new to Qld, came over from WA last year. The bike scene here is 'right up there'. WA was just Harley's and cruiser bikes, nobody seemed interested in going round corners!!

Would be good to compare notes sometime?

Cheers,

Simon

900Fer
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to hear from Simon so soon.Sorry to here about the piggyback ride with racq.I was just looking at the wombat set up sounds like a good idea so I might just have to get one I think.I have seen the threads for charging issues and there's one under charging and I started a thread called Not Charging,it gave me a few ideas of what to look for and it helped my problem,maybe it might just save you spending shit loads of coin.

Cheers,

Col.

Simonster
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for that. Sounds just the ticket, specially if it saves a few bucks!

I'll let you know when the beast is ready!

Simon

900Fer
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just checking the threads in tech. help and seems best advice for starters is to put temperary ammeter on starter solinoid and check for charge break even between 1500 and 2500 rpm.I hope this helps as I had to do it myself and saved some money.Can't wait to hear she's ready for riding.Got photo's of my beast under Satan's Son in Picture section not members pictures feel free to have a squiz.

Cheers,

Col.

Simonster
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Col,

Thanks for your help with this. I too am going to post some pics of my bike soon. Been threatening to do this for a while but haven't got round to it !

Mine is an 82 900 Fc sporting a lightened crank, 1100R rods, 1123 piston kit, CR33s and an Eagle exhaust....... I believe the old adage of a picture telling a thousand words, so I promise I will put 'em on soon! The bike is an old friend that I have owned since 1988.

Cheers,

Simon

900Fer
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just sent you a PM Simonster hope you get it.Talk you later.

Cheers

Col.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic