\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 30,302,061
  • Today: 21,550
Server InfoServer Info
  • Feb 19, 2020
  • 06:39 pm PST

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
CB900SS
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well this just came to my mind because of the great cover page that Glenn has put up. Now I know most of us (including myself) love the look of our stock paint jobs. But I was thinking we could (maybe myself) have a sticker made up with the PSB graphic (bike leaning over) and an in Memory of Matt lettering around it. Now I never spoke to Matt in person and I barly spoke with him on the forum and only traded a couple of P.m.'s. But I do know that from every post I read of his and every conversation we had that he was a great man, and lived for motorcycles. I never really knew the guy but I miss him like he was a brother. I think a sticker that we could all trade around between us members would be a great way to memorialize and never forget Matt at PSP.

Litecruiser
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

OUTSTANDING IDEA!!!!!

Something about three inches in diameter in white (rider and letters) on a clear background so the paint will show through the decal.

YES? No?

I want two. I would place them beside the Eagle, Globe and Anchor on my fairing lowers.

Lee

wvscotsman
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I will have two also. I can do some digging here locally I have a friend in the sticker/decal buisness.

h22auto
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

that is an awesome idea.... id love to have one.......

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Litecruiser wrote:
OUTSTANDING IDEA!!!!!

Something about three inches in diameter in white (rider and letters) on a clear background so the paint will show through the decal.

YES? No?

I want two. I would place them beside the Eagle, Globe and Anchor on my fairing lowers.

Lee

I hope this don't come across as pushy, but as a trained Graphic Designer, I could do a professional job of it and would gladly do so - I can then send the artwork to whichever company needs it in all the right formats.

If anyone could send me the PSB logo or whatever else you guys would like on there, I will produce something and post it for comment.

Let me know!

Andy

Ratfink
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Andylarkin wrote:
Litecruiser wrote:
OUTSTANDING IDEA!!!!!

YES? No?

Lee

Pushy? No. Sounds great. I think they were kinda asking for somone to step forward. I like the idea of the decal more personally. Something one color is fine for me. Maybe somthing I can paint into my bike as well. Like the other decals. In wich case I would like 2 of them as well.

I hope this don't come across as pushy, but as a trained Graphic Designer, I could do a professional job of it and would gladly do so - I can then send the artwork to whichever company needs it in all the right formats.

If anyone could send me the PSB logo or whatever else you guys would like on there, I will produce something and post it for comment.

Let me know!

Andy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
firemun59
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

- his avatar with 1960 - 2006 and his name beneath it might be a start.......... Idea

johNTO
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

as a trained Graphic Designer, I could do a professional job of it and would gladly do so - I can then send the artwork to whichever company needs it in all the right formats.

Let me know!

Andy[/quote]

Andy, if you can send me a vectorized file in PC format (Adobe Illustrator)
I can take care of the printing part. As suggested earlier, I can print the design on clear stickers.

CB750x4p
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

well im in for a couple as well

eatpasta
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

something to put on the tail section maybe? That would be cool

lj
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's Guder who has the ability to make embroidered patches which might be an alternative...

Still needs designing though..

crashnfool
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Would be great for the back of a helmet also!!! Very Happy Very Happy Cool

firemun59
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

johNTO wrote:
as a trained Graphic Designer, I could do a professional job of it and would gladly do so - I can then send the artwork to whichever company needs it in all the right formats.

Let me know!

Andy

I can take care of the printing part. As suggested earlier, I can print the design on clear stickers.[/quote]

john, look for a MATT post for the logo......use the avatar

Tennessee_Budd
Black CB900F
Black CB900F

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

The leaning-rider graphic, "In Memoriam: Matt@PSB" above; "1960-2006" below. That's my idea. Costs rise the more complicated things get. Sticker or patch, or better yet both, I'm in for several: I have more than 1 bike, & I have TMB.
How much y'all want to bet somebody gets a tattoo? (No, not me.) TB

MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

What about a"static cling" type deal, I dont know what the real term would be, but instead of an actual adhesive type decal/sticker that some may not want to put on their paint

firemun59
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tennessee_Budd wrote:
The leaning-rider graphic, "In Memoriam: Matt@PSB" above; "1960-2006" below. That's my idea.

that sounds good........ Cool

AlaskaGriz
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

This is a GREAT idea!! Cool Very Happy

I would be "Proud" to put a memorium sticker to Matt@PSB on my bike or helmet or coat for so many reasons. Here are a few but not all:

Matt's help to me cannot have a value placed on it.............
Matt was ever so entertaining on this site
Matt made parts for my old bike a possibility
Matt gave me sound recommendations on my questions/problems
Matt's passing is a reminder that I AM mortal and that I MUST ride safe and live to ride another day Twisted Evil
and on and on......... Wink

I would also be "Proud" to help defray the costs that will be needed to make this a reality.

Dave

CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

That would be cool. But we should talk to the people that own PSB..its probably not a trade mark..but if it is, could get touchy....

but clear sticker...I want two
Patch...I'll take one

either way..I'm in. The money could go to Matt's girlfriend or a fund to help.

BTW...SWEET IDEA!!!

rtabish
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

i received an email from matt's brother gene today. he says he will try to make it to missoula this week or so to start working on streightening out matt's business affairs. he did mention a fund to help defray some of the costs of his business debt. i still havent heard from his girlfriend , but i am sure anything in the way of a memoria for matt would be greatly appreciated. thanks, guys!!

larryg
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

i dont know what matts shop was like, or if he had employees. if it was a one man show, and if his girlfiend wasnt involved as far as co signer on loans or leases, the business might be better off simply going away, and have a fund set up specifically to help her out of what i'm sure will be tough times ahead.

the shop could be emptied out and anything in there delivered, but trying to pay off debts or taxes, screw em. in no way am i a financial planner or anything remotely close, but i know because i'm married, my wife would get saddled with these burdens. not so sure that is the case with matt. no sense sending money to help out vendors or uncle sam unless she will get stuck with those bills. a lawyer would help tremendously right now.

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

johNTO wrote:
I can take care of the printing part. As suggested earlier, I can print the design on clear stickers.

Johnto - Illustrator is no problems, its my main software (albeit on a Mac).

firemun59 wrote:
- his avatar with 1960 - 2006 and his name beneath it might be a start.......... Idea

Firemun - the only problem with redrawing from the Avatar is that it is very low resolution. If there is nothing else available I will make do, but if someone has a business card or invoice or the like from PSB, they could scan the logo from it as a high res at 1200dpi in black and white and email it to me as a jpeg. I'm sure someone on here has something with the logo? If not I will revert to the Avatar.

Tennessee_Budd wrote:
The leaning-rider graphic, "In Memoriam: Matt@PSB" above; "1960-2006" below. That's my idea. Costs rise the more complicated things get. Sticker or patch, or better yet both, I'm in for several: I have more than 1 bike, & I have TMB.
How much y'all want to bet somebody gets a tattoo? (No, not me.) TB

TB. I like that - nice and simple and it will lend itself to the sticker/tattoo whatever. Any objections to this?

If anyone that can scan the logo could let me know I will turn it round straightaway and post back as a jpeg for comment.

Smile

johNTO
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

65460 wrote:
What about a"static cling" type deal, I dont know what the real term would be, but instead of an actual adhesive type decal/sticker that some may not want to put on their paint

"static cling" stickers are suitable for non-moving applications like windows. These stickers will simply fall off moving bikes, helments, etc.
The clear adhesive stickers will not cause damage to the paint if/when you decide to remove them. I use the same material on vehicles with no ill effects (provided that the paint is in good condition to start off with).

Andy, once I get the art file from you I'll get to work on the stickers.
I'm suggesting that the finished product be sent to a central location
where they can be distributed via self addressed & stamped envelopes from those who want them.
My cost for the cause is free but a donation to a fund in exchange for the stickers may help someone in need.
Perhaps Larry can take care of the logistics and donation suggestions.

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

johNTO wrote:
65460 wrote:

"static cling" stickers are suitable for non-moving applications like windows. These stickers will simply fall off moving bikes, helments, etc.
The clear adhesive stickers will not cause damage to the paint if/when you decide to remove them. I use the same material on vehicles with no ill effects (provided that the paint is in good condition to start off with).

Andy, once I get the art file from you I'll get to work on the stickers.
I'm suggesting that the finished product be sent to a central location
where they can be distributed via self addressed & stamped envelopes from those who want them.
My cost for the cause is free but a donation to a fund in exchange for the stickers may help someone in need.
Perhaps Larry can take care of the logistics and donation suggestions.

Anyone had any joy with a higher resolution version of the logo - or an invoice or card they can scan from?

Confused

johNTO
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

First draft (very rough) requires vectorized artfile...comments?
[img]Image[/img]

firestorm
Twinstar
Twinstar

Location: Nottingham rd in the midlands of Kwa Zulu NatalSouth Africa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Great Idea Count me in for 2 as well

Gary

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

johNTO wrote:
First draft (very rough) requires vectorized artfile...comments?
[img]Image[/img]

Ok guys, these are purely for discussion and kick around. Say what you think about them (obviously don't wrip the piss out of them if ya think you could do better) but I have to take crap from my clients all day long, so you lot should be a piece of cake!

The bike logo is the best I could do from johNTOs file - when a higher res version comes available I will redo it.

Version 1

Version 2

Version 3

Go easy on me now!

Confused

D-Day
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent work Andy. I prefer the first one but would put any of them on my bike.

Tennessee_Budd
Black CB900F
Black CB900F

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Andy: I'm partial to the 1st & 3rd of yours, but I, too, would go for any of them. Bear in mind, however, that it's "memoriam", not "memorium". Not trying to be didactic, but if we're doing this in someone's memory, it'd be better to have our spelling correct.
Good work! TB

Andylarkin
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tennessee_Budd wrote:
Andy: I'm partial to the 1st & 3rd of yours, but I, too, would go for any of them. Bear in mind, however, that it's "memoriam", not "memorium". Not trying to be didactic, but if we're doing this in someone's memory, it'd be better to have our spelling correct.
Good work! TB

Thanks TB - thats the sort of detail that's needed. You can see why I do the pictures and leave the spelling to someone else!

I've just sorted the spelling on the artworks but won't repost 'cos they take a while - I will wait until we reach a decision and then submit a final artwork before sending to johNTO

Very Happy

vimike
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Andy, I like the overall shape of #1, but prefer the full name and wording on #3.
Cheers,
Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic