\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,262,353
  • Today: 8,753
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 18, 2024
  • 10:36 am PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
LurkerXX
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

Location: Up ahead and through the next corner on any given road in SWVA...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Squatch71 wrote:
Wasn't there a movie about some Mothman?? I remember seeing something about it...not that long ago..

its good to be a mystic creature isn't it....

Richard (hamster stuffer) Gere movie...it is pretty mediocre and doesn't really convey anything in the storyline very well...

IMHO... Rolling Eyes

7Eleven
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing My dad saw me post something and asked why don't I just called myself Quick-E-Mart. Before that, I never even thought of the relation, or slurpees. We do have them in New England. And the movie was the Mothman Prophesies, pretty creepy. In the movie they said it was an old Ukrainian tale, though I'm kinnda from there and never heard of it. Than again, it's Hollywood. But I'm up for anything supernatural though.

pontiacstogo
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LurkerXX wrote:
Same experience with a bunch of friends camping when we were young teenagers. We were camped on a mountainside here in SW VA and the light appeared several hundred yards away. It then quickly ( 3 or less seconds) crossed the space between us to hover about 20 yards or so away, as if it was trying to check us out before coming any closer. It hovered somewhere between 5 and 8 feet off the ground. It was completely silent. This was approximately around 1977 or 78. There were 4 of us that saw it simultaneously and nobody said a word. We immediately vacated the area running as fast as possible through dense forest down the steep side of the mountain to my grandparents house about 3/4 of a mile away. None of us stopped or even looked back to see if it was pursuing us. I still have regular contact and ride with one of the other guys who was there that night. We still think and talk about it occasionally...never have reasoned an answer as to what it was or why it was checking us out. We ride ATV's there now and it gets really creepy at night if I let myself think about it very long. We were all armed with hunting knives, axes and hatchet, a shotgun and a pistol. The thing was so unnerving that none of us even considered standing our ground with the weapons. We went back the next day and got our camping gear... Rolling Eyes

Cheech: Man, what is in this sh*t, man?
Tommy: Mostly Maui Waui man, but it's got some Labrador in it.
Cheech: What's Labrador?
Tommy: It's dog sh*t.
Cheech: What?
Tommy: Yeah, my dog ate my stash, man.
Cheech: Yeah?
Tommy: I had it on the table and the little motherf*ker ate it, man. Then I had to follow him around with a little baggie for three days, man, before I got it back. Really blew the dog's mind, ya know?
Cheech: You mean we're smokin' dog sh*t, man?

Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

Location: Up ahead and through the next corner on any given road in SWVA...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah... Rolling Eyes ...I've heard that one as an explanation too...but that had nothing to do with it. Two of the guys there would not have touched it if we had some...I wasn't one of those two but I didn't have any that night... Laughing

I know what I saw. I don't know what it was but I know it was not caused by anything I or anyone else can explain...

CB1100F
SuperSport
SuperSport

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LurkerXX wrote:
Richard (hamster stuffer) Gere...

Current wife Carey Lowell former wife Cindy Crawford.

Pass the hamsters Smile

mothman
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, Richard Gear. It's a pretty good thriller.

sport
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Popcorn
Just came across this thread. After reading everyone elses explanations, mine seems pretty cheesy. Super"sport". Not exactly rocket surgery. Embarassed I don't know why I didn't use my nickname..........

1982 CB900F (currently rebuilding engine)
2001 RC51 (Tatical Nuke!)
2007 GMC 2500 Duramax (work horse)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Wife's Ride)
2001 Audi S4 (Beater car) 
Squatch71
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

pontiacstogo wrote:
LurkerXX wrote:
Same experience with a bunch of friends camping when we were young teenagers. We were camped on a mountainside here in SW VA and the light appeared several hundred yards away. It then quickly ( 3 or less seconds) crossed the space between us to hover about 20 yards or so away, as if it was trying to check us out before coming any closer. It hovered somewhere between 5 and 8 feet off the ground. It was completely silent. This was approximately around 1977 or 78. There were 4 of us that saw it simultaneously and nobody said a word. We immediately vacated the area running as fast as possible through dense forest down the steep side of the mountain to my grandparents house about 3/4 of a mile away. None of us stopped or even looked back to see if it was pursuing us. I still have regular contact and ride with one of the other guys who was there that night. We still think and talk about it occasionally...never have reasoned an answer as to what it was or why it was checking us out. We ride ATV's there now and it gets really creepy at night if I let myself think about it very long. We were all armed with hunting knives, axes and hatchet, a shotgun and a pistol. The thing was so unnerving that none of us even considered standing our ground with the weapons. We went back the next day and got our camping gear... Rolling Eyes

Tommy: I had it on the table and the little motherf*ker ate it, man. Then I had to follow him around with a little baggie for three days, man, before I got it back. Really blew the dog's mind, ya know?

OHH MY GAWD, that took me right back to the movie...the cat fell on the floor I was laughing soo hard...thanks tons

sport wrote:
Popcorn
Just came across this thread. After reading everyone elses explanations, mine seems pretty cheesy. Super"sport". Not exactly rocket surgery. Embarassed I don't know why I didn't use my nickname..........

and that would be?!?!?!

Squatch71
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

LurkerXX wrote:
Squatch71 wrote:
Wasn't there a movie about some Mothman?? I remember seeing something about it...not that long ago..

its good to be a mystic creature isn't it....

Richard (hamster stuffer) Gere movie...it is pretty mediocre and doesn't really convey anything in the storyline very well...

IMHO... Rolling Eyes

7Eleven wrote:
Laughing My dad saw me post something and asked why don't I just called myself Quick-E-Mart. Before that, I never even thought of the relation, or slurpees. We do have them in New England. And the movie was the Mothman Prophesies, pretty creepy. In the movie they said it was an old Ukrainian tale, though I'm kinnda from there and never heard of it. Than again, it's Hollywood. But I'm up for anything supernatural though.

Yeah....that's the one...Didn't quite understand the whole thing...might of fell asleep during...have to check it out again some time.

Ireusa
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

fasterspider wrote:
Ireusa wrote:
Left Dublin (Ireland) in '78 for a roam around my Mom's birthplace (NYC), and got distracted along the way... still distracted... Very Happy

So the next time we are up riding with the Nor Cal fellas, are you gonna ride with us?

Spider, if I ain't incarcerated, inebriated, or incapable...... Razz

fasterspider
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ireusa wrote:
fasterspider wrote:
Ireusa wrote:
Left Dublin (Ireland) in '78 for a roam around my Mom's birthplace (NYC), and got distracted along the way... still distracted... Very Happy

So the next time we are up riding with the Nor Cal fellas, are you gonna ride with us?

I am looking forward to meeting and riding with you then and we will have to put together a ride.

INTIMIDA2OR
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

fasterspider wrote:
Ireusa wrote:
fasterspider wrote:
Ireusa wrote:

I am looking forward to meeting and riding with you then and we will have to put together a ride.

Yes we should get the "southern california crew" together for that run definetely !!!!
The camera man is going to have to stand yet farther away to get that many bikes in a single shot Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
sport
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Embarassed Well that would be UHG. I worked on a lot of cars with a buddy of mine to help pay for our college expenses (Beer, etc.). While under a car I would hit my head (pretty hard according to my pal) and remained yet unfazed. Maybe a little irritated, but nothing I couldn't get back at the car with a larger wrench to make it feel better. This evolved into being called "ugh" like the cave man. Don't know why he mispelled it but according to my fiance it "adds to the charm". Whatever the hell that is supposed to mean. Confused

1982 CB900F (currently rebuilding engine)
2001 RC51 (Tatical Nuke!)
2007 GMC 2500 Duramax (work horse)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Wife's Ride)
2001 Audi S4 (Beater car) 
Blue
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mine came about several years ago when I decided to make a personal statement & dye my beard & mo blue. I tried other colours too. Blue & purple worked best. Red was the worst. Iv'e had jobs where the boss only knew me as Bluebeard. Yes I have caused a car accident due to the driver being distracted by my beard. As far as I know I dyed mine before Billy Connoley did his. Very Happy

Squatch71
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Blue wrote:
Blue & purple worked best. Red was the worst. Very Happy

Dude..don't let it out that you think Blue is better than Red...seems to be quite a conflict here with blue and red.....just to let you know...

milkovich
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

sport wrote:

Mine is my last name. Can't get cheesier than that.

bristle
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

howdy gang - sorry i'm a bit late with this post but i've had a bad week or so

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad had to put my best friend to sleep last week Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad he's been with me for 17 memorable years - sadest time of my life.

Sad Arrow Smile but gotta get back on with it - got too many bikes to sit around and mope for ever

as for my nickname it's short for Bristle-Hound which goes back 25 years or so now Question ever heard of a cartoon " it's the woolef, save me dear ole bristlehound, i'm a comin lambsy" Question

mabye only here in OZ many years ago, but the point of it was a small lamb always being hunted by a big ole bad wolf called mildew the wolfe, who would be saved by this bristle hound and sling the wolf away with his stick.

in my year 9 high school class there was a guy called tony lamb, a girl we called mildew and me - i used to sign my name as BRUCEL instead of Bruce lawson, the other kids in our class picked up on our 3 names and we were teased - harrassed - the usual high school stuff, and so we were labelled Arrow LAMBSY, MILDEW the WOLFE & BRISTLEHOUND.

I know that mine and tony's names have stuck now for over 25 years.

hondapartsman
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quite simple. My profession, as it was, from 1978 until 2000 when I got to sick to work, now I'm getting better may well be the one I go back to as well, although I'll be six years behind the times by then I bet I'll soon know more than all the replacements the place has gone through since then, because none seem to stay long enough to learn anything. Time will tell, as always.

Midnight
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like to go out around midnight for a nice drive over the dutch highways, during daylight they're damn crowded over here. but at night, they're allmost deserted Cool

plus, the cb-f's tach looks sexy at night Wink

CBFan
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

nothing fancy but my first bike was an 81 750F and when I joined ebay I started looking around the site after a few beers(ok more than a few) and motorcycles popped into my head and wanted to see if there were any old Hondas for sale and I could not believe how many and saw a couple of 1100Fs-I had completely forgotten about them and it was love at first sight all over again so when I finally found one to my liking I found this site and joined immediately-to be honest I was surprised that CBFan was not already taken-anyway in my opinion it is still the best looking Honda ever made.

thePHARAOH
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

THE PHARAOH decided on the nickname "the PHARAOH" THE PHARAOH was and always has been THE PHARAOH. THE PHARAOH is the alpha and the omega. THE PHARAOH is quite sure on this subject. Goodbye for now from THE PHARAOH

Tennessee_Budd
Black CB900F
Black CB900F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

pontiacstogo wrote:

I wonder what Great Dane tastes like.
In the name of Isis & Osiris, I recognize THE PHARAOH. May thy pyramid rise to the heavens.
Damn, there are some strange people on this board. I'm proof. TB

Squatch71
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tennessee_Budd wrote:
pontiacstogo wrote:

I wonder what Great Dane tastes like.
In the name of Isis & Osiris, I recognize THE PHARAOH. May thy pyramid rise to the heavens.
Damn, there are some strange people on this board. I'm proof. TB

Kinda meaty, fruity with a hint of peppermint....or so I'm told

SUPERSPORT
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Glenn on this one Laughing

crash
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think the picture explains the nick....

Wife took off the training wheels and look what happened.

mothman
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ride it like a mule and see what happens. Very Happy

crash
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ar we still talking about the bike, or the wife? Embarassed

P.S. I love this site, wish I had found it long ago.

pontiacstogo
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

crash wrote:
I think the picture explains the nick....

Wife took off the training wheels and look what happened.

Ouch Shocked .

MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Came off the off-ramp on the highway doing about 80mph, slowed down a little for the curve. Beautiful day, sun shining, 70 degrees, managed to find a little patch of water on the off-ramp. Back tire did not like it so down I go. Slid a few feet so wasn't in the roadway anymore. Oil poured out of the bike and I couldn't pick it up from the left side (something in my shoulder didn't feel right). Moved to right side and picked it up. Had to walk it 10 minutes so I could park it and make a phone call for assistance. Turns out I had a broken collarbone, so couple of months doing nothing basically. So I guess crash stuck.

Good news, I replaced the cover for about 25 bucks, and bike still seemed to run okay. Bent the $#!* out of the side of the center-stand too. The bike was in better shape than I was. Hade the bike up and running before the shoulder healed, but I lost the whole summer.

ATC-Crazy
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

ATC Arrow Honda 3wheelers...and Im crazy about 'em Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic